Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI after Auto CLI

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CLI after Auto CLI

Yes, I think they are doing it to discourage us from apping from other cards so that our reason for denial will be "too many inquiries". smh

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 22
parakleet
Valued Contributor

I apped for three Chase cards back in April - Freedom, CSP, and Slate and I got two pulls: 1 each on EX, EQ. So I don't know if Chase is double pulling to discourage us from apping for other cards. Besides, it's not like one extra pull is going to really make or break an approval on another card. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 12 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

DH was approved for CSP and UMPE card within a week in Aug and he was not double pulled. I wasn't double pulled either when I received the freedom.
Message 13 of 22
rlx01
Established Contributor

Chase double pulls in CA (EX & EQ), but they only did that once for a CSP & Ink Plus approved a week apart (I think they will reuse a pulled CR for 30 days if they really want Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Not so sure about the blanket statement above ^^.

I live in CA
Message 15 of 22
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Anybody know how and what to do for the AUTO CLI to hit? I openedup a amazon visa rewards card back in  10/09/13, when should I see a auto cli?

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 16 of 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know about a blanket statement for double pulls meaning you're borderline either. I totally agree with that sentiment. Seems like it's random.
Message 17 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tonyjones wrote:

Anybody know how and what to do for the AUTO CLI to hit? I openedup a amazon visa rewards card back in  10/09/13, when should I see a auto cli?

Auto-CLIs are usually tied to usage, internal scores/history and any information that Chase reviews from your CRs (via SP/ARs).  They can occur as early as 4 months, 6 months or around/after 12 months, etc.  It really varies and there is no specific formula (PIF vs non-PIF) that can say for sure when it would happen.  Use your account prudently, put some good usage on it and always pay on time.  Optionally, dpending on your level of patience, you can always request a CLI at any point, but keep in mind it will be a HP.

Message 18 of 22
rlx01
Established Contributor

I didn't say they did it for everybody. Smiley Wink

That said, I didn't have any Chase cards prior (only AMEX, who also double pull EX & EQ in CA on occasion). I'm not sure if I was borderline or not since both were approved with 5 figure CLs. 

Message 19 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@rlx01
wrote:

‎10-26-2013 05:11 PM

Chase double pulls in CA (EX & EQ), but they only did that once for a CSP & Ink Plus approved a week apart (I think they will reuse a pulled CR for 30 days if they really want

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was difficult to tell the way you worded your post. Just wanted to make it clearer for others who might read it later. Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.