Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI and Siggy Question

tag
xcallmeclayx
New Contributor

Chase CLI and Siggy Question

Hey guys,

So my 3rd statement cut last week and I couldnt wait for them to maybe show me some luv so I asked for it over PM and was raised from 1000 to 5000!

Does this automatically make my Visa a signature or do I have to request that?

Now back to the garden...again lol

Starting Score 5/10/2012: EQ: 631 EX: 570 TU: 583
Current Score: EQ: 710 (MyFico) EX: 740 (CreditInform) TU: 709 (WalMart)
NEW Goal Score: 750 All Across 1st Goal: Achieved 6/7/2013 690 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI and Siggy Question

Could you tell me some more info? what card? income, score how much you put through the card. etc....I just got done my first statement cut and am wondering how long to wait for a CLI
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

You have to manually request for it to be converted to a signature card.

Grats on the CLI.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You have to manually request for it to be converted to a signature card.

Grats on the CLI.

+1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
xcallmeclayx
New Contributor

Its a chase freedom I put about 700 a week and pay most of it off. Ill look at my statements tomorrow to give you an idea of what I let report. My score at approval was 605 from eq and right at 700 now.

Are there other requirements for a siggy?

Message 5 of 10
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Requirements were as of recent, that you had to wait 13 months before converting to Signature, and 5k or higher, which i see you've met.  You can call to see if this is still the case, but like i said, it is as of recently.  Good luck!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

Congrats on the 5x from Chase!!! This is the first one I've heard of! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 10
bribro
Valued Contributor

You will almost certainly have to wait until a year has passed since your card activiation to upgrade to a Visa Sig, and even then you still may not be eligible. The $5k limit is just one requirement, there are some other internal metrics that Chase uses to determine Visa Signature eligibility.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 10
xcallmeclayx
New Contributor

@xcallmeclayx wrote:
Its a chase freedom I put about 700 a week and pay most of it off. Ill look at my statements tomorrow to give you an idea of what I let report. My score at approval was 605 from eq and right at 700 now.

Are there other requirements for a siggy?

Here are what my first 3 and only statements look like. I have a savings, and two checking accounts with them. I also made weekly payments so I actually put alot more through the cards than whats reported. Balance was about $300 when I requested. Asked for $6,000 but only got $5,000

May - $338 reported

June - $710 reported

July - $454 reported

HiLine wrote:

Congrats on the 5x from Chase!!! This is the first one I've heard of! :smileylol:

Thanks! I was really excited when I got the response from them...and shocked to say the least. My score has gone up alot since I was approved so I knew Id get something, but not this much!

@bribro wrote:

You will almost certainly have to wait until a year has passed since your card activation to upgrade to a Visa Sig, and even then you still may not be eligible. The $5k limit is just one requirement, there are some other internal metrics that Chase uses to determine Visa Signature eligibility.

Yea I started thinking about it last night. Might just sit back and let the scores do their thing and eventually go for the Sapphire Preferred

Message 9 of 10
slothy
Contributor

here is what they wrote me back about upgrading

"At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a 
different product. An account that is open less than 12 
months is not eligible to change to a different product. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. As an 
alternative, you may apply for a new Chase Freedom Visa 
Signature card product. "

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.