Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI - denied

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Chase CLI - denied

Oh well. I knew I shouldn't have tried. Had my CSP for two years and a freedom for 2 months. Tried for a CLI on the CSP .. no go.

Chase has already given me a 29.2k total credit line. So I took a hard pull. I have a total of 4-5 on ex from this year. Hitting the garden 

for 6 months then going for a 61 day cli on amex and a cli on discover.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase CLI - denied

@darkfrosty wrote:

Oh well. I knew I shouldn't have tried. Had my CSP for two years and a freedom for 2 months. Tried for a CLI on the CSP .. no go.

Chase has already given me a 29.2k total credit line. So I took a hard pull. I have a total of 4-5 on ex from this year. Hitting the garden 

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

You may have reached the maximum amount of credit they are willing to give you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@darkfrosty wrote:

Sorry to hear about the CLI decline.  Once you hit a median exposure threshold for Chase, unless you have a large or well-established banking relationship (like CPC) in addition to the income/assets to support it, then it becomes pretty difficult for the average individual to attain any higher CLs.  Of course, anyone with a HNW has no issue getting CLs in the ranges of 50K-100K+ for some of their CPC products, even the CSP. 

$29.2K is still commendable for those 2 cards alone.  I imagine you are putting enough spend through both the CSP and Freedom?

Message 4 of 19
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

yeap I definitely am. 

Basically Chase gave me 26k for my csp when i applied. I have been given a bit more through auto clis. I aplpied for freedom to help generate points 

faster with the category spending. When I got approved they only have me 500. So i shifted credit around to split the cards.

I really like Chase. I bank with them and everything. But I tend to like amex more. The ability to pay your cc even when you dont have any charges on 

is a great plus.

I am actually looking to transfer my investments over to Chase and eventually hope to become a CPC with them.

Message 5 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@darkfrosty wrote:

yeap I definitely am. 

Basically Chase gave me 26k for my csp when i applied. I have been given a bit more through auto clis. I aplpied for freedom to help generate points 

faster with the category spending. When I got approved they only have me 500. So i shifted credit around to split the cards.

I really like Chase. I bank with them and everything. But I tend to like amex more. The ability to pay your cc even when you dont have any charges on 

is a great plus.

I am actually looking to transfer my investments over to Chase and eventually hope to become a CPC with them.

Oh I see.  That does makes sense as far as how you have the Freedom/CSP split.  I too may have reached a maximum threshold since my combined Chase CLs are around $36K (CSP, Freedom, British Airways & Amazon). 

They do have a great CPC program and the CWM penetration and growth has increased exponentially since 2010.

Message 6 of 19
jpschroe37
Established Member

Did you try to recon with them? I got a much bigger bump doing that after the initial evaluation.

Message 7 of 19
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

no i didnt do a recon .. after i called for the cli, I was told that it needed further review.

Then today got the call and she asked me questions and then said they are unable to grant me a cli.

Message 8 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unless for some reason you've hit the internal limit, that would be the only possibility that comes to mind.  Did they provide any other substantive reasons?

Message 9 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Have you tried to recon that yet?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.