Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI.....how much to ask for?

tag
c3troop
New Contributor

Chase CLI.....how much to ask for?

Wife currently has 5,000 and looking to raise it.  How much can we ask for?  I know AMEX is three times, same rule for chase?

Also, if we decide to take advantage of 0% and have a remaining balance on it, will they still do a CLI or does the account need to be zeroed out?

THANKS

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CLI.....how much to ask for?

Nope. There's no rule with Chase. They will counter with the maximum they are available to give you. I recently went from $5,000 to $20,000 with my CSP.

If Customer Service gives any problems, call the backdoor number for credit analysts. They are great and easy to work with.

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 2 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

With Chase they counter which is good. They took me from $6500 to $20K. Of course everything depending on your history with them and your income, util with other cards etc. Most likely they will HP you

Message 3 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

are CLI available online or have to all be done with a rep?? Isn't Chase notorious for HP..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 7
lanc
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure it will be a hard pull but if you get a credit analyst and explain you're circumstance they'll increase it.  If they HP make sure you get an increase.  I called in with a specific plan of transferring a balance from local cu and paying it off in 6 months then paying this debt etc.  I walked him through exactly how I was going to pay all of the balances on my credit file he had in front of him and he raised it to 5k from 3k after all of the other CSRs said there wasn't anyway.  I basically said do you see the 300 dollar discover balance? Once I pay the Chase off in 7 months I'm going to apply 100 a month to that.  I may of just found a nice analyst but it seems like they liked a plan for the reason to incrase.

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would try to have your balance as low as possible even if its 0% promo. You may take a HP but with 5K already is imagine you can afford the pull. Good luck to you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I really want to increase my CSP and United, but I don't want to get a HP, which it will almost certain be a HP :/ I was wondering as well what kind of limit I should ask for, but I think I'm going to wait until next year.

Let us know how it goes though for you!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.