Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI request ... my experience.

tag
culture
Regular Contributor

Chase CLI request ... my experience.

I have a Chase Freedom, The account was open on 04-2013  with 6k  and they gave me a Auto CLI to 8.5k on November that year right about the Festivities.

Today I felt like trying my luck and called customer service to request a CLI. The person who help me with my call  the first thing he did after verifying my identity was to give me a warning that they needed to pull my credit.

I tried to sweet talk him and requested a soft pull.  His answer was that they dont have control over if is a soft or a hard pull.   

So  I politely declined...   Im really curious how this soft or hard pull decision is made....

just my 2 cents so others can comment and compare....

have a great day

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI request ... my experience.

@culture wrote:

I have a Chase Freedom, The account was open on 04-2013  with 6k  and they gave me a Auto CLI to 8.5k on November that year right about the Festivities.

Today I felt like trying my luck and called customer service to request a CLI. The person who help me with my call  the first thing he did after verifying my identity was to give me a warning that they needed to pull my credit.

I tried to sweet talk him and requested a soft pull.  His answer was that they dont have control over if is a soft or a hard pull.   

So  I politely declined...   Im really curious how this soft or hard pull decision is made....

have a great day

The front line CSRs may not have a choice in the matter.

Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@wacdenney wrote:

have a great day

The front line CSRs may not have a choice in the matter.

True.  And many CSRs don't know the difference between hard & soft pulls either.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

In my experience Chase is ALWAYS a HP

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase customer initiated CLI are always HP, just like Bank of America.

Message 5 of 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@culture wrote:

have a great day

As Creditaddict mentioned, if you are calling in / messaging in to get a CLI, Chase will pull your CR and will result in a HP.

It seems like the only way to get SP CLI through Chase is to wait for their auto CLIs which seem to come in 6 month intervals. However I only have my first Chase card for 7 months so I don't know if the auto CLI is only after first 6 months or after every 6 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.