Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI secrets?

tag
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Chase CLI secrets?

Is there a secret to getting an auto-CLI from Chase?  I get two to three balance transfer offers every month, but CL is too low to be helpful.  

I have had their SWRR Premier Card with a $3000 CL for 20 months now with no luv.  In the beginning, I carried a balance that maxed the card out (my bad).  I paid that off after 11 months; took them up on a balance transfer of $1000 after the payoff and paid that off in 3 months; and, for the last 6 months have been paying my balance in full prior to Statement cutting.  

I have been charging from $100-$500 per month for last six months.  My other CL's range from $7,000 to $16,600.

I don't want to request a CLI and take a HP.  I have cemented my feet in the garden (Hard to get over the garden wall with lead feet Smiley Wink) Just wondering if there was a secret to getting on their CLI radar.  Should I let the Statement cut and then pay? Keep doing what I'm doing and cross fingers for 2 year mark?

overall util: 13% last month, down to 1% reporting soon.  Fico 8's range from 738 to 767. 4 new accounts in last six months.  Total credit lines: $71,250

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CLI secrets?

Very few people get auto love from Chase and when they do it appears to be when they've had the card a year or less. And of course Chase requires a HP for CLI which is a mixed bag at best. The best bet has always been to apply for another card and combine limits, but of course that changes your AAOA as well as the HP.

If you are dead set against taking a HP I believe your will be stuck at your current limit for a while, as in forever. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 27
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Petey.  I was worried that would be the case.   

Guess I will just let my accounts age and rethink Chase once I'm below 5/24.

Message 3 of 27
iced
Valued Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

Very few people get auto love from Chase and when they do it appears to be when they've had the card a year or less. And of course Chase requires a HP for CLI which is a mixed bag at best. The best bet has always been to apply for another card and combine limits, but of course that changes your AAOA as well as the HP.

If you are dead set against taking a HP I believe your will be stuck at your current limit for a while, as in forever. 

You can also just request a CLI and not lower your AAoA with a new account.

Message 4 of 27
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

@iced wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I'm afraid to ask for a CLI until I know what they are looking for in a profile that encourages them to auto-luv.  I have opened a few new accounts in the last six months, have 13 inquiries on EX, 5 on TU and 9 on EQ.  I have a lot installment debt for student loans, truck loan, and two personal loan.  I have a good income.  I would love to BT one of the personal loans to a 0% offer, but want a bump in credit line to not max out the card.

I have no other accounts with Chase.  Chase scares me! Lol

Message 5 of 27
iced
Valued Contributor

@Gidgetmom wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

I'm afraid to ask for a CLI until I know what they are looking for in a profile that encourages them to auto-luv.  I have opened a few new accounts in the last six months, have 13 inquiries on EX, 5 on TU and 9 on EQ.  I have a lot installment debt for student loans, truck loan, and two personal loan.  I have a good income.  I would love to BT one of the personal loans to a 0% offer, but want a bump in credit line to not max out the card.

I have no other accounts with Chase.  Chase scares me! Lol

Be aware that each has wildly different criteria. I have never received an auto-CLI from Chase but have been given multiple 5-figure CLIs by them.

Chase should not scare you. The fear of Chase is from the 5/24 crowd or the SCT crowd who have a ton of credit spread across toy limit store cards. They're no more or less selective than American Express, Citi, or even Barclays or Discover.

Message 6 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Secret to Chase cli is to not chase it let it chase you- ajcsanSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, as i was reading this, i got a call from Chase EO (was waiting on a resolution for a CLI since last week). DENIED - Reason - too many new accounts recently open...they just won't budge lol.  All my cards are reporting $0, go figure.

It looks like coming June/2018, i will be doing a PC from CSP to Chase Freedom Unlimited to avoid annual fee.

Message 8 of 27
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Secret to Chase cli is to not chase it let it chase you- ajcsanSmiley Wink

I just want to know what I have to do to catch their eye so the "Chase" can begin!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 27
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear c00.  That's what I worried would happen to me.  Any data points you'd care to share?

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.