Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI via Soft Pull

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CLI via Soft Pull

@CreditChampion wrote:

@bobvette @Joteism They say that but it actually isnt.

I believe the consensus is that the likelyhood that it will happen is 50/50.  Chase is the ultimate party that decides how an individual's request will be handled.  Since it's one of those situations where everyone's experience and results will differ.

Message 21 of 44
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Lol well take my word for it....cause I applied for a slate for my pops with a derog showing was denied. A week later after the derog was removed he reconed and they claimed to pull another 'hard" and he was denied for the same reason even though derog was gone. They were viewing the same report, but they refused to acknowlege that even though it was clearly the case. So I tried a week later this time applying for a freedom and same thing they claimed "it would be another hard pull" and yet again the derog was stil showing on their end obviously because they were viewing the same report. So after 30 days had elasped I applied yet again for the freeedom finally approved because they pulled a fresh report where the derog was not showing. I have also confirmed this because I later got him approved for the CSP and using the same "hard" I got the limit on his freedom increased. They will claim its a hard...but the hard will not show up. This probably only works if they pull same bureau in my case Equifax. It may only work with Equifax due to how their subscription with Equifax is setup.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 22 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditChampion wrote:

Lol well take my word for it....cause I applied for a slate for my pops with a derog showing was denied. A week later after the derog was removed he reconed and they claimed to pull another 'hard" and he was denied for the same reason even though derog was gone. They were viewing the same report, but they refused to acknowlege that even though it was clearly the case. So I tried a week later this time applying for a freedom and same thing they claimed "it would be another hard pull" and yet again the derog was stil showing on their end obviously because they were viewing the same report. So after 30 days had elasped I applied yet again for the freeedom finally approved because they pulled a fresh report where the derog was not showing. I have also confirmed this because I later got him approved for the CSP and using the same "hard" I got the limit on his freedom increased. They will claim its a hard...but the hard will not show up. This probably only works if they pull same bureau in my case Equifax. It may only work with Equifax due to how their subscription with Equifax is setup.

While the above situation is not in dispute, I think just for clarification, the above outcome ended on a positive note with Chase not doing mutliple HPs on that specific CBR (i.e using the same HP from the previous decision in a 30-day period).  Chase exercises the right to do the "2nd" HP at such given time (with permissible purpose of course from the applicant) and does not necessarily have to adhere to the 30-day window policy and can use an alternate CBR as necessary. 

While there are no documented statistics that support the above situation is the norm (or will always be the case), it is fair to say that any credit-initiated request (CLI or reconsideration) can result in the HP or (2nd HP as pplicable).  It appears, based on an anectodal perspectives, folks have seen evidence of the original HP (and subsequent or 2nd HP) after the fact.

Message 23 of 44
djrez4
Established Contributor

I've been trying for a SP CLI on my CSP this week.

Call #1 - CSP customer service from the number on the back of the card.  I was told there was no way to do a CLI without a hard pull

Call #2 - Random EO rep tells me that while it may have been possible in the past, it's no longer an option.  Also conveys that policies get updated "daily."

Call #3 - Second random EO rep says almost the exact same thing.  It's like there was a training session on that specific issue.

Call #4 - Chase Underwriting.  They can't do anything at all unless there's a pending application.

I hope you have better luck, Dustin.

Message 24 of 44
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I will make that my goal for the next few days. If I find a way to get the CLI via soft pull, I will update you on the steps I took.

If somebody already has a process for this, please share.

Please do. It'll be awesome if you did. Although I read some have successfully gotten an increase by calling the EO, but it's not always guaranteed. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 25 of 44
HiLine
Blogger

Message 26 of 44
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Good luck! I refuse to take a hp for a cli! Crazy people! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 44
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I can't take any more HP's, and I could really use a higher limit on the freedom. It has become my daily driver. Earning about $100 a month in cash back from it.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 28 of 44
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Not sure how that deems to be some "crazy" standard.  While it may seem somewhat of a "FICO" inconvenience for you, they are not GECRB and have their own policies.  So, unless you get lucky with an auto-CLI, then I suspect if you desire additional extensions of credit, then expect a HP.

I mean, let's face it, you wanted their product, you like the Freedom CC rewards, you went through 3 recons to get the card... so this goes with the territoy :-)

Message 29 of 44
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Not sure how that deems to be some "crazy" standard.  While it may seem somewhat of a "FICO" inconvenience for you, they are not GECRB and have their own policies.  So, unless you get lucky with an auto-CLI, then I suspect if you desire additional extensions of credit, then expect a HP.

I mean, let's face it, you wanted their product, you like the Freedom CC rewards, you went through 3 recons to get the card... so this goes with the territoy :-)

+1. I think the idea of a HP for any CLI request is a good idea, since it makes you think twice before asking for credit you may or may not need. It also costs the bank something to give you a CLI, so it should cost the person asking something as well. I wish all lenders would adopt this practice.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.