Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI worth a HP? Experiences?

tag
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CLI worth a HP? Experiences?

is chase pretty stingy with CLI's? I am stuck at a $500 limit. I have had my card since 5/12.  My other limits are $4500 and $6100. Should I call the corporate office?

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 21 of 28
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Reading stories on here tells me that Chase is stingy on CLI, will cost a HP and should be treated like AMEX pay in full every month

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 22 of 28
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's a great point!! I've actually banked with Chase for four years... I don't think I get pre approvals though... Well at least not many... I only recently opted back in for pre screened offers of credit... I have been wanting that CSP lately... It's such a pretttty card with 2x pts on my most used category: restaurants haha!!!

:-)

Btw, did tou ask a Chase banker specifically if you had any pre approvals?

A relationship banker once mentioned my pre-approvals to me while I was there for something unrelated. So when I was ready to apply, I went back and asked to see if I had any new ones, and one had showed up for the Sapphire.

Message 23 of 28
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Reading stories on here tells me that Chase is stingy on CLI, will cost a HP and should be treated like AMEX pay in full every month

I have been keeping a high balance on my Freedom card for a long time, and it hasn't stopped me from getting an additional card with them. They even send me 12-month 0% transfer checks constantly.

Message 24 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Haha I owe $4500 on my Freedom! I think they are very stingy with clis. Ive had my Slate since '07.. Closed in 09... Never got a cli. Had another freedom from 08-2011... No cli... Closed 'er haha.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 28
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Got my Freedom card a year ago when they offered it as I opened a new bank account. CL was 7k. Last summer I asked for 15k because I added gf and needed the headroom for us both to use it without too much coordination. HP but they said sure, 15k.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 26 of 28
p-
Valued Contributor

Chase seems reasonable when it comes to increases, but they insist on the hard pull.

For me, they always seem willing to go farther than my other cards, and then the other cards move up to match later.  In that respect, the hard pull is worth it because it brings up the others too.

Message 27 of 28
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

As mentioned before, I'd apply for csp, get the offer and transfer the limit to freedom.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.