Did you mean: 

Chase CLI?

tag
sosabe77
Contributor

Re: Chase CLI?

@tylerrrr-27 wrote:

@melbaro wrote:

As suggested from time to time, why not apply for one of the "signature" cards (CSP, CS, Marriot) which almost guarantees a minimum of a 5k limit...get the bonus...use bonus...close card a few months down the road and move the limit to the card you wanted the CLI on? You're taking a HP either way, but the benefits of doing it this way outwheigh a CLI request.

Never thought of that. How easy is it to transfer the limit to another card with Chase?

Extremely easy.  I believe they can reallocate everything but $500.  For some reason, that's the minimum you have to leave on the old card (even if you're closing it).

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
tylerrrr-27

Today I logged in and saw a auto CLI of $200.. Not happy about the amount, but better than a HP for now I guess.

Still my lowest but most used card.

Scores- 724 TU Fico (Walmart TU), 737 EX Fico (Amex Pull), ? EQ
Goal = 750's across the board

Cards- $12.5k cashRewards, $2000 IT, $6000 BCE, $2300 Walmart Discover, $1200 Freedom
Message 12 of 15
p-
Valued Contributor

@tylerrrr-27 wrote:

Just wondering the best way to request a Chase CLI? I have had the card 10 months.  On a little spree here and this is my lowest card and I would like to request a higher limit.

In my experience, Chase is a little hard to get increases from unless your file is pretty clean.  I always end up having to recon.  The recon reps are pretty forthcoming about what things they look at, and I have learned a few things about how to get what I want from Chase.  Some suggestions:

1.  Optimize utilization - i.e. only 1 card with a balance, between 3 to 5 percent of total CL, and make sure the info is posted to your CR before app-ing.  This goes for any app.

2.  Make sure you have had your new cards for 12 months or more.  Chase is very sensitive to new credit, especially if you don't have a history of high limits.

3.  During the next twelve months use the card a lot, but pay in full each month.  The recon reps consider this a positive.

4.  Be prepared to explain why you want an increase.  I told them I had reimburseable expenses that I was using another card for because I didn't want to get too close to my limit, but preferred my Chase card for the rewards.  True story.

5.  Don't waste a hard pull anytime soon based on your recent apps.  

6.  In a year or so, if you go on another app spree to raise limits, start with Chase.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 15
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

@sosabe77 wrote:

@tylerrrr-27 wrote:

@melbaro wrote:

As suggested from time to time, why not apply for one of the "signature" cards (CSP, CS, Marriot) which almost guarantees a minimum of a 5k limit...get the bonus...use bonus...close card a few months down the road and move the limit to the card you wanted the CLI on? You're taking a HP either way, but the benefits of doing it this way outwheigh a CLI request.

Never thought of that. How easy is it to transfer the limit to another card with Chase?

Extremely easy.  I believe they can reallocate everything but $500.  For some reason, that's the minimum you have to leave on the old card (even if you're closing it).

+1. Chase cares more about total credit exposure than the # of cards you have with them. I consolidated my Amazon card to my Freedom card yesterday and was allowed to move the entire CL over. I've consolidated 1 other card in the past but was required to leave $500 so they may have changed the rule recently.

Message 14 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Chase has always HP me for CLI's even with the exec office. So I stopped asking for CLI Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.