Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI?

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Chase CLI?

Just received my CS and Chase Freedom(both Visa Sig's) about 3 weeks ago. Starting CL's are $5k each. How long does it usually take for auto CLI? When should I request a CLI or should I wait for auto? I don't need the extra credit but want start working toward higher CL in hopes of looking the best I can to future mortgage lenders.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CLI?

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
Just received my CS and Chase Freedom(both Visa Sig's) about 3 weeks ago. Starting CL's are $5k each. How long does it usually take for auto CLI? When should I request a CLI or should I wait for auto? I don't need the extra credit but want start working toward higher CL in hopes of looking the best I can to future mortgage lenders.

I never received an auto CLI with my Chase Freedom and I've had it for the past 1.5 years with perfect usage. What I did though, is when I was approved for the CSP, I called them and asked if they could use that same report to give me a CLI on my Freedom without having to ask later and get hard pulled. He took a few days, but it was done in the end!

Do you plan to upgrade to the preferred? If so, at that time, you can kill two birds with one stone. Yes, you'll probably get hard pulled again, but it doesn't hurt to ask to take care of the Freedom's CL.

Message 2 of 15
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Not sure I can justify the CSP. With the other cards I have I don't think I'd spend enough on the CSP to justify the annual fee. While the metal card has a "cool factor" I don't think it's worth $95 a year to me. That' pretty much the same reasoning I used when deciding to get a AMEX PRG over a Platinum.
Message 3 of 15
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
Not sure I can justify the CSP. With the other cards I have I don't think I'd spend enough on the CSP to justify the annual fee. While the metal card has a "cool factor" I don't think it's worth $95 a year to me. That' pretty much the same reasoning I used when deciding to get a AMEX PRG over a Platinum.

Gotcha! No worries. For me the sign up bonus and 1:1 Southwest miles triggered it. Those are super valuable to me as I fly cross country 5+ times a year. Unfortunately, I am not sure about the auto CLI. Someone else will have to let you know if they've received it! I'd love to know too!

Message 4 of 15
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Thanks for responding anyway. I'll let you know if get any useful data.
Message 5 of 15
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Any other thoughts on how long it normally takes Chase for an auto CLI. Do most Chase CC account holders here wait for an auto or does Chase have anything like AMEX's 61 day 3X CLI?
Message 6 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

They don't have an amex type CL increase. Some people have gotten auto-CLIs, some have not. Not sure how to predict if you will get one. You can apply for a CLI but it will be a HP.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

I think I saw some people get one within as little as three to four months.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 15
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

UUGH...don't want any HP's. Even though I'm not an official garden member I'm technically there. I've never taken the time to figure out how to officially join the garden. I have no plans for any additional cards until applying for the BCE in Dec 13.
Message 9 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
Any other thoughts on how long it normally takes Chase for an auto CLI. Do most Chase CC account holders here wait for an auto or does Chase have anything like AMEX's 61 day 3X CLI?

It really depends on a number of factors, but if you don't have prolonged heavy usage (for a few months and always PIF) the odds of an auto-CLI are fairly low.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.