Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI?

tag
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CLI?

Had mine since 2006, no auto-luv, ever. But then again I'm one of those "WaMu" step-children. If it wasn't my oldest open TL, I'd close it. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@pt310 wrote:
Had mine since 2006, no auto-luv, ever. But then again I'm one of those "WaMu" step-children. If it wasn't my oldest open TL, I'd close it. Smiley Sad

Chase has definitely treated clients acquired from WaMu as second-class, and there are lots of people saying the same thing. Do you put a lot of spending through it?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@pt310 wrote:

Chase has definitely treated clients acquired from WaMu as second-class, and there are lots of people saying the same thing. Do you put a lot of spending through it?

I'm not certain it matters sadly; the Wamu cards and others that Chase has acquired often got put into a seperate class of card (Chase has some silly number of Freedom card types) and they each had different internal product caps.

Think realistically the best option is just to open a different card if desiring future tradeline growth with Chase; however, if it's sitting at $0 AF, not much reason to really close it barring the usual inconvenience possible loss factor.

        
Message 13 of 15
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@pt310 wrote:

I'm not certain it matters sadly; the Wamu cards and others that Chase has acquired often got put into a seperate class of card (Chase has some silly number of Freedom card types) and they each had different internal product caps.

Think realistically the best option is just to open a different card if desiring future tradeline growth with Chase; however, if it's sitting at $0 AF, not much reason to really close it barring the usual inconvenience possible loss factor.

No, there's no AF, and currently at $0 Balance after years of abuse, uh, I mean use. LOL. It's SD'd now. Nothing seems to matter to Chase on this account...one way or the other.

Message 14 of 15
snowkitty
Established Contributor

My original credit limit on my Chase Freedom was 500.00. I used the card quite a bit each month and pif before the statement cut. About 4 months later, they gave me an auto increase to 1000.00. I would love a higher limit but am not willing to take a hp for it. I also have had a Chase BP card for almost a year now with a 400.00 limit that just will not budge. So who knows why they choose certain customers/cards to give an auto increase too. I would love to get my BP card bumped to 1,000. My Shell card just doubled from 600.00 to 1200.00 with cit so maybe Chase will follow. Cat Frustrated

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.