Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI?

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CLI?

I've had my Ritz since the end of 2015, and it was initially at $15,000. I closed my CSP and moved the $25k to the Ritz; it stayed there until now. I asked to have it increased to $50k by moving my $15k from a Military MasterCard that I never used; always been told by a CSR and EO that it could not be done, since it was a military card....until I called the Credit Lending number in the backdoor thread.....$54,500 limit now on my Ritz. Thanks myFICO for those backdoor numbers. Since 2012 when I only had a $4,700 credit to my name and a horrible credit report to having a mortgage and over $300k available to me...thank you!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So let's say I go with the Ritz for my "CLI" card - how soon can I move the credit over to CSP to upgrade it? or I guess could i open the RC, and immediately move it all over to CSP and say I changed my mind about the card?

Message 12 of 18
driftless
Valued Contributor

Hi Random_idiot,

I posted earlier this week in the "Applications" sub-forum that I received auto-CLI's after there 4th statement cut for my CSP and Freedom and after the 3rd statement cut for my CSR. The CLI's ranged from 30 - 100%. My wife, who used her cards, but not as heavily has not received auto-CLI's.  I think that with Chase, and other banks, usage is important.  

My advice would not to play the apply and combine game, but to grow your existing cards organically.

Best, Driftless

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 13 of 18
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Haven't had much luck with Chase. Freedom opened 6/2014 @ $1k...took a HP for an increase at the 1.5yr mark and was denied but got 1k on recon. Asked for a CLI on the Marriott this month at the 1yr mark. SL 5k, asked for 15k and was countered with 7.2k. So for me 2HP netted 3.2k. Others have been far more successful with Chase. My CARS with them is only 652 so that could be a major player
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Random_idiot wrote:

For the ones with the same CL, can you guys give soem data points, like scores, and usage?

and hopw often you req CLI manually?

I have had a Chase Saphire for 10 years with the same CL.  I opened a Chase Slate 1 year ago.

Never received any auto CLI.  Never requested CLI

Last week I called and asked for CLI with credit scores: EQ: 698, TU:699, EX: 672

Was a HP (already on my report) and the limit hasn't changed.  Still waiting for a letter in the mail to see why denied.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just happened to log in to Chase this morning, and lo and behold, I see a CLI on my CSP.  Started at 5K, and this morning I noticed my remaining available is more than my previous limit!  Smiley Happy  Went from 5K to $6,200.  Smiley Happy  Imagine my surprise.  I don't even know how long it's been there, just never noticed.

Message 16 of 18
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@driftless wrote:

Hi Random_idiot,

I posted earlier this week in the "Applications" sub-forum that I received auto-CLI's after there 4th statement cut for my CSP and Freedom and after the 3rd statement cut for my CSR. The CLI's ranged from 30 - 100%. My wife, who used her cards, but not as heavily has not received auto-CLI's.  I think that with Chase, and other banks, usage is important.  

My advice would not to play the apply and combine game, but to grow your existing cards organically.

Best, Driftless

Hello,

Thanks for the info, and I do plan on taking that advice. However, I am planning on applying for 2 more Chase cards, so that CLI route just might be an added benefit, but save for the cards that I want, I plan on growing my current cards first.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 17 of 18
driftless
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a plan. I recently posted in one of your other threads that the regular Freedom's 5% categories are generally capped at 5% of the combined $1,500.00 for that category.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.