Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI...??

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Chase CLI...??

I know Chase will pretty much pull your CR any time you ask for an increase. And I know that they're not really big on doing auto CLI's....

But has ANYONE experienced an auto CLI????

Does it happen, just not very often??? or is it just not possible, period???

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CLI...??

@zeusta20 wrote:

I know Chase will pretty much pull your CR any time you ask for an increase. And I know that they're not really big on doing auto CLI's....

I just experienced an auto CLI. Went from 10 to 12.5k.

It is the only time it has happened for the past 1.5 - 2 years I've had the account.

Honestly I wouldn't count on it until it actually happens.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 21
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I got one on my United card after 3 months, from 18k to 25k. I charged 30k in those 3 months, so I'm sure heavy usage played a part in that.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 21
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

I got one auto CLI on my Freedom about 2-3 months after opening. Hasn't moved since.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Nice Increase!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 21
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@mauwow0682 wrote:
I got one auto CLI on my Freedom about 2-3 months after opening. Hasn't moved since.

What was your starting limit? and what did they increase it to if you don't mind me asking?

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 6 of 21
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I got one on my United card after 3 months, from 18k to 25k. I charged 30k in those 3 months, so I'm sure heavy usage played a part in that.

oh wow....thats a pretty big jump! well nice job on the increase! lol

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 7 of 21
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

It is the only time it has happened for the past 1.5 - 2 years I've had the account.

hmmm...I'm wondering if the reason why they never did was because your limit was already pretty high...

I'm hoping that my limit will increase since its only at 5k. I have a lot of inquiries, so I really don't want to have to run my credit again. Just bought a car where it was ran 3 times. And also got increases from other CC's back in march. Not to mention thats when I got both my chase cards. So since march, I have quite a bit of inquiries. 9 total I think

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 8 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

+1

Similarly to CreditScholar and enharu, my CSP went from 11K to 15K in a matter of 7-8 months after moderate to heavy usage.

Message 9 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

hmmm...I'm wondering if the reason why they never did was because your limit was already pretty high...

I'm hoping that my limit will increase since its only at 5k. I have a lot of inquiries, so I really don't want to have to run my credit again. Just bought a car where it was ran 3 times. And also got increases from other CC's back in march. Not to mention thats when I got both my chase cards. So since march, I have quite a bit of inquiries. 9 total I think

I had asked for CLIs twice that I got hard inquiries for.

Originally I only had the Chase amazon card when i was still in college and they started me at 2k. I used that card for a year and never really bothered applying for anything else or ask for any CLI. I got around the CL by paying in full mutiple times a month. About 13-14 months after having the card I finally asked for a CLI when I needed to charge something expensive and they increased me to 8.5k with 1 HP. 

Approx after another 4 months, I applied for the CSP and Freedom and got decent limits. I asked for CLI again and they gave me my current limits. 

Then finally they gave me an auto CLI on my Amazon card out of the blue when I don't use that card as much anymore.

Edit: to add, I just got my CSP and Freedom a little more than 2 months ago. Hopefully they'll give me some auto CLI, but I wouldn't count too much on it. I plan to ask for a CLI again sometime end of this year or early next year. From my experiences thus far the CLI given was well worth the inquiry, so I don't really mind.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.