Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI

Well, there are two sides to this. It's true that Chase is notorious for not allowing any customer-initiated CLIs wih a SP, even though other creditors do it just fine. That's one extreme.

On the other hand, it would partly defeat the purpose of credit reports if prospective creditors were never able to find out when a prospective borrower seeks new credit even in the form of new credit products - which is what would happen if banks never did an HP after the initial establishment of a relationship (as another poster suggested). That's the other extreme.

At the end of the day though, this is business. If you want a higher credit line, you have to put up with the lender's terms of doing so, or choose a different lender. I have picked the latter - I have only one Chase product now, the Amazon Visa Signature. I moved my Marriott limits to it and closed the Marriott. I have no plans to apply for another Chase credit product.

Message 21 of 22
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI

I don't see the fuss about Chase here. 

Don't many other lenders do the same thing? Barclays will HP you if you fill up their form or ask a CSR for CLI; unless you go through some hoops. BoA I believe does the same thing. US Bank is a bit random with this. 

Some banks will do a HP to combine / move around limits. To me, that seems even more random because there is absolutely no more risk that the bank is taking on. Chase allows you to do that without any hassle almost.

Yes, it's also notorious in not reducing APR but that's the case with Cap One too. Each lender has its own idiosyncrasies. 

And oh, relationship means jack-. I didn't get a card with them after more than 18 months of banking and direct deposits, so no, nada unless you're talking 5 figures and stuff. I don't move around so much money for any bank. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.