Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CLI?

Is there a soft pull or hard pull for a CLI with Chase?  How oftern do people get CLIs with Chase?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CLI?

HP if requested by consumer. SP if it's automatically given. And not very often. Very rarely actually.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick answer. 

Message 3 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You must take a HP if you ask for one. If they give you an auto CLI, it's a SP. CLIs from Chase are pretty much rare either way....some people get SP/auto, but it's not often, and the HP ones often result in dinky increases. With Chase it's best to just assume that what you start with is what you will have.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

You must take a HP if you ask for one. If they give you an auto CLI, it's a SP. CLIs from Chase are pretty much rare either way....some people get SP/auto, but it's not often, and the HP ones often result in dinky increases. With Chase it's best to just assume that what you start with is what you will have.

...or app for another card and move limits between them (easily) if necessary. 

Message 5 of 12
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
HP if requested by consumer. SP if it's automatically given. And not very often. Very rarely actually.

Agreed. Needle in a Haystack rare for a Chase Auto CLI.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's weird but around may/july/august they were sending out letters for an increase in CL but you'd have to them and there's a 30 window

also some folks would call and they'd have an offer to increase their CL without an inquiry 

but generally you'd have to request and it is a hard pull like others have mentioned.

Message 7 of 12
steel_string
Regular Contributor

I've had a card with Chase for over 14 years. They gave me an auto-CLI once, from $2K to $3K.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 8 of 12
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a soft pull or hard pull for a CLI with Chase?  How oftern do people get CLIs with Chase?

I opened a Freedom in October of last year with a SL of 4.5k.  Didn't put a lot of spend on it for the fist 3 months then ran up 75% Utl and paid it off over 4 months (0% APR).  In June I applied and was approved for a 10k Chase AARP.  Chase gave my Freedon an auto-CLI of 2k to 6.5 two weeks ago.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steel_string wrote:

I've had a card with Chase for over 14 years. They gave me an auto-CLI once, from $2K to $3K.

Yeah ... don't want to rush them! My account dates to 2005 and never a CLI.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.