Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase CLI

cobra is one of the few people I have heard say they get auto CLI from Chase. I wouldn't even consider asking for a CLI with a balance on the card. IF you don't need the credit I would not even ask. Everyone is different but to be honest a hard pull should get you at least 10K extra available. To take a hit and only get a couple of thousand seems like a waste. What are your scores and utilization?
Message 11 of 15
oracles
Valued Contributor

I understand what you are saying smallfry, however some people actually pay to get a credit limit increase.

you need to weigh out your options. If you can get an increase and it may cause you a hard inquiry, yes your score may decrease but it may be made up with util% decreasing due to the increase in available credit limit.

I think you should always put yourself in the best position possible.

A couple of thousand can mean a percentage point on a mortgage for some one.

you never know.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

"a hard pull should get you at least 10K".  I only WISH !!!   Smiley Very Happy  I waste hards trying to get to 2K.  Then again, I'm a rebuilder.
Message 13 of 15
paydownin09
Established Member

I guess I dont NEED it, but I would like to get my util down some more.  I'm currently running a total util of just over 30%.  When I pay off the Chase this week, it will dip a little (2%).  My TU was 685 in Nov-08 and my EQ was 689, but my util was at 40% when it was pulled 2 weeks ago.  Also, this will only be my 2nd hit in the past 12 months, and the only other hit is coming off in March.
Message 14 of 15
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

If you are going to pay your utilization down to ~2% anyway, why bother with a CLI? I have had a chase card since 2000. I started with a CL of something like $7500 it is now at $24k. I have never asked for a cli. While they are not as regular as BoA at giving a few hundred every couple of months they do give auto CLI. At least I have gotten them. Unfortunately, as I do not follow my credit limits that carefully I cannot tell you under what circumstances I have obtained CLI.

After you pay off the card I would call Chase and say that you have been with them for 3 years (at least that is what it appears to be based on your OP). Just flat out ask if they offer auto CLI.

Good luck! 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.