Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI

tag
Guvnor
Established Member

Chase CLI

My chase freedom is still at its $2000 SL and its almost 2 years old. No autos increases, my income has gone up ALOT and I keep my profile updated with them. I really don't want a hard pull as I should have really got an auto increase by now. My credit score is also better than when I first got it.

Does anyone know how I could get a soft pull CLI?

Thanks
FICO (Discover) = 757
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CLI

Do you use it much? I feel like Chase really only gives auto luv when there is a lot of usage put through the card. FWIW, I put about $2k through my freedom in the first four months I had it, and they doubled my $1.2k limit after those four months.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 31
Guvnor
Established Member

I use too but stopped using it as the CL is so low.
FICO (Discover) = 757
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guvnor wrote:
I use too but stopped using it as the CL is so low.

I 100% agree with OmarGB9..

Message 4 of 31
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Concensus on site is HP CLi's w/ Chase... there are many many threads and posts about it here....
I was given a Sp Cli when I had about 3 mths but I was using continuously...also from site...no useage no clis....YMMV
Good Luck 2 ya...

Message 5 of 31
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

My DW got a Freedom card December 2014 with scores around 630-650. 1k CL.  Since then she has used it regularly and pays many times per month. She has recieved 3 CLI and now sits at 3500 CL. Not too bad for a little over 1 year.  Use the card and pay them as often as it takes to keep the balance low or PIF.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 6 of 31
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I just got an auto CLI yesterday on my Ritz, they like to see usage and paying down the balance in full which is how I managed my Ritz.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 31
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I've had my CSP for over a year and use it as my everyday card and PIF every month. My credit profile has low UTL and Chase still hasn't shown me any love. No idea.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Do you use it much? I feel like Chase really only gives auto luv when there is a lot of usage put through the card. FWIW, I put about $2k through my freedom in the first four months I had it, and they doubled my $1.2k limit after those four months.

This seems to be what I've just experienced as well. I got my Freedom in April or May I believe, 2.2k limit, for the first month or two I put a reasonable amount through the card but then dropped to just some minimal side purchases here and there. Then in November and December I actually used the card a bunch, at one point up to almost 50% of my CL, and just yesterday I saw I received a 1k CLI. I still can't say I'm a big fan of Chase in terms of limits and CLIs (as well as service and rewards to a lesser degree), Amex and Discover are infinitely better imo and will remain my primary cards for a while, but I was happy to see the increase.

Not sure if it matters but I've also been carrying a small balance from November and a bit from December as well (0% intro apr), making payments towards it and paying pretty much all the newer purchase off.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guvnor wrote:
My chase freedom is still at its $2000 SL and its almost 2 years old. No autos increases, my income has gone up ALOT and I keep my profile updated with them. I really don't want a hard pull as I should have really got an auto increase by now. My credit score is also better than when I first got it.

Does anyone know how I could get a soft pull CLI?

Thanks

Keep in mind that not everyone gets auto increases...spend, CRs, overall profile are just some things that factor into the decision. You would have to bite the bullet and take the pull to get the increase I am afraid.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.