Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CLI

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Can you combine a limit from a co-branded card to a CSP?

Curious on this as well.

Message 21 of 31
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Can you combine a limit from a co-branded card to a CSP?

Curious on this as well.

Based off of what I have read here the answer is yes; however, I have no personal experience with this.

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well,

I am not saying that is a lie but i completely disagree with the fact that to get a cli from chase to have to use it a lot, here is why:

points earned
(from 1/1/16 - 7/27/16)

Just in flights i have got 81,660 points,, my card limit is just 11K and not a single penny for a CLI, i always PIF and report $0, some times report a balance but always less that $250, this is my main flight card.

So, heavy use and nothing, i have 4 cards with Chase and perfect record, my score is 720+, busted my a.. on planes for 6 months and nothing, the good thing is, i will get my conpanion pass next month, other than that nothing, nada Smiley Sad

Just saying.

Message 23 of 31
noobody
Established Contributor

I moved most of my SW CL to freedom without problem 3 years ago.
I do not think anything has changed in this regard.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is a bit weird to me like Cap One.  I have a few accts with them and haven't got a cli, ever.  Almost had Freedom for 2 yrs now.  I started buying and pif.  Then stopped using for a few months.  Now I have some $$$ on a couple of them.  Just experimenting to see what the heck they want! 

Message 25 of 31
driftless
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Do you use it much? I feel like Chase really only gives auto luv when there is a lot of usage put through the card. FWIW, I put about $2k through my freedom in the first four months I had it, and they doubled my $1.2k limit after those four months.

+1. From what I've seen, the criteria seem to be:

1. Usage of 50% or more of your current CL, and PIF

2. You haven't hit your internal limit with Chase

Every time I've received an auto-CLI from Chase it's been under those conditions.

After we closed on our house earlier this year I ran a lot through my Freedom card, I would pay when I was over 50%, once a lot higher. Chase gave me a 100% auto CLI.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting thread. I was approved for the Slate back in April... CL is only $500. I would love to get an auto CLI...so I'm definitely interested in following this thread. 

Message 27 of 31
driftless
Valued Contributor

I don't have a Slate card but I think from reading posts that Chase gives CLI's to Slate less often than Freedom and CSP cards.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the CSP in July with 5k CL. I am using this card along with my Freedom Unlimited as my everyday cards. I'm able to put my $3,500 rent on my CSP with no fees to my property manager. As I will easily be putting 4K to 5K through this card every month PIF, I hope Chase shows me some love with an auto CLI sometime in the future.
Message 29 of 31
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got the CSP in July with 5k CL. I am using this card along with my Freedom Unlimited as my everyday cards. I'm able to put my $3,500 rent on my CSP with no fees to my property manager. As I will easily be putting 4K to 5K through this card every month PIF, I hope Chase shows me some love with an auto CLI sometime in the future.

Holy cow, that's awesome - that's some serious point-building!  You'll NEVER have to pay for travel out-of-pocket!  (or lots of CB, maybe...not sure what your preference is Smiley Happy)

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.