Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI?

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Chase CLI?

How often should I req a CLI, since it's a HP?

Anyone that has had some success would like to share?

Currently sitting with CSP for 4 months- 6k SL (approved for 1k last month)

FU for 2 months- 2k SL

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase CLI?

IMO, it would be best to at least wait a year before asking for a CLI.  At that point there is more history and a better chance of getting the CL you request.

Since they are HPs use the CLI requests wisely.

DP CLI request on my CSP pc'd to FU 10k after a year.  Worth the HP.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I"v had a Chase Freedom since 2009 SL $6000, then they did a auto CLI to $10,000 in February 2015 and then another auto CLI to $12,000 in October 2015. Not sure if that helps but at least you know they might just do an auto CLI.

Message 3 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I"v had a Chase Freedom since 2009 SL $6000, then they did a auto CLI to $10,000 in February 2015 and then another auto CLI to $12,000 in October 2015. Not sure if that helps but at least you know they might just do an auto CLI.

It helps me, that's for sure. Because I just got my first Chase card last month, and was wondering about their policy towards auto-CLI's, and you've answered the question I had. So for me, I'll never ask them for a CLI, because I'll never want to waste another HP on a CLI; I'll just wait. And if and when they give me one, I'll say thank you (to myself of course since there's no one there to talk to Smiley Happy).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 18
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Just to add a data point, I got my chase freedom card May 2014, SL of 4,500 and today the limit is... *drumroll* 4,500.
Auto CLI are not that common with chase
Message 5 of 18
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@dragontears: Same here--I got my Freedom around the same time only my limit started at $1500 which is where it still sits after wasting 2 HP's on CLI attempts in late 2014 and 2015. It's been SD'd for almost 2 years.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 18
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

For the ones with the same CL, can you guys give soem data points, like scores, and usage?

and hopw often you req CLI manually?

Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as my research indicates - with Chase it may actually be a better idea to open a new card solely for the intention of combining limits with the card(s) you want to keep, rather than directly asking for a CLI.

Anectodal evidence suggests that you will receive more available credit to move via a new card than you would by asking directly for a CLI on an already-existing card account.

Bearing that in mind, I am trying to figure out what non-5/24 card would be best for me to use in this case since I would be willing to upgrade my CSP to CSR until I can get a pre-approval in branch or July 2018 rolls around when I am under 5/24 again.

Message 8 of 18
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as my research indicates - with Chase it may actually be a better idea to open a new card solely for the intention of combining limits with the card(s) you want to keep, rather than directly asking for a CLI.

Anectodal evidence suggests that you will receive more available credit to move via a new card than you would by asking directly for a CLI on an already-existing card account.

Bearing that in mind, I am trying to figure out what non-5/24 card would be best for me to use in this case since I would be willing to upgrade my CSP to CSR until I can get a pre-approval in branch or July 2018 rolls around when I am under 5/24 again.

Since it is a HP, I can def see the point of doing that. Well, I have 2 more Chase cards I want. I am at 4/24. getting the Freedom next month, and then IHG.

Who do you have to speak to about moving the spending limit around on the cards?

Message 9 of 18
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Random_idiot wrote:

Since it is a HP, I can def see the point of doing that. Well, I have 2 more Chase cards I want. I am at 4/24. getting the Freedom next month, and then IHG.

Who do you have to speak to about moving the spending limit around on the cards?

You can do it by SM, just say how much limit you want to transfer from one card to the other.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.