Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLOSED both of my credit cards. HELP

tag
blooro
New Contributor

Chase CLOSED both of my credit cards. HELP

Ok, so I have had a Chase credit card with a $200 limit since 2006 that I rarely use, just keep it because it was one of my first credit cards. I also had a Freedom card for about 1 year. I called in to ask for a CLI on my freedom card and 3 days later they closed both of my accounts. Should I leave a balance on my $200 card to leave it showing? Or pay off both in full?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CLOSED both of my credit cards. HELP

Pay it off and move on.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would seem that they don't like people

to call themSmiley Sad

I've heard this before.

I've got 2 EX WAMU cards I would like to combine but

these stories scare me.   If we were talking 200 cl I would

move on but it's 9000.

Message 3 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

PIF both, did they give a reason?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 6
blooro
New Contributor

Thanks for the response all!

Yes they did give a reason, it came in the mail and they said it was because they did a review of my accounts and determined I kept too low a balance in my checking account with chase. I called and asked them and they told me they do random reviews and it might have been triggered by calling and asking for a CLI. It seems like a strange reason because I mainly bank with BoA and just have the chase account for small purchases. Either way, I think I am done with them for good now.

Message 5 of 6
smc733
Valued Contributor

Chase can be really ridiculous about that stuff, which is why I terminated my relationship with them.

Since you bank with BofA, just try getting a card with them, they are picky about wanting to give primarily to their bank customers, but if you treat BofA well, they usually do the same.  Citi is also an option, many people have Citi cards as their only relation to Citigroup whatsoever.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.