Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLs Combined!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLs Combined!

@melbaro wrote:

What are the short and long-term effects to AAoA when doing this? I would be scared to close a card I just opened.

I don't think it will hurt my AAoA much. I had opened the two cards a few weeks ago and they have YET to hit my reports. It will still report in good standing with the CL I had I believe but report as account closed by member. I had opened the Freedom and Amazon cards in the same week. I really probably won't see much difference. I think it will be better for my AAoA/CR in the long run b/c I will have one account reporting a decent limit instead of having two accounts with same bank report limits.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 15
melbaro
New Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats, but as an fyi, I have a $5k limit on Freedom, and it is not a Siggy... So a $5k limit doesn't guarantee Signature status :-(

Maybe you should call in and request siggy status. I'm not sure if its automatic. I think everyone who has it requests it. It's like converting your Freedom MC to Freedom VISA Smiley Happy

That is a negative. It's considered a PC and you need to wait the full 12 months to go from regular to Siggy. Ask me how I know Smiley Sad

MC to Visa is no problem within the 12 months though...ask me how I know again... Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats, but as an fyi, I have a $5k limit on Freedom, and it is not a Siggy... So a $5k limit doesn't guarantee Signature status :-(

Maybe you should call in and request siggy status. I'm not sure if its automatic. I think everyone who has it requests it. It's like converting your Freedom MC to Freedom VISA Smiley Happy

That is a negative. It's considered a PC and you need to wait the full 12 months to go from regular to Siggy. Ask me how I know Smiley Sad

MC to Visa is no problem within the 12 months though...ask me how I know again... Smiley Wink

I don't mind waiting. Siggy status isn't important to me but if I can get it...why not, you know? I'm sure by then I'll have a bigger limit...hopefully.

Message 13 of 15
Pworld
Regular Contributor

This is a hard pull right?? because when i tried to do th...

This is a hard pull right?? because when i tried to do this earlier this week i was told it would be a HP to combine my 2 chase cards. Take my limit from a old generic chase card and add it to my freedom. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 14 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: This is a hard pull right?? because when i tried to do th...

@Pworld wrote:

This is a hard pull right?? because when i tried to do this earlier this week i was told it would be a HP to combine my 2 chase cards. Take my limit from a old generic chase card and add it to my freedom. 

There was no HP involved. The only thing they ask is that the card you are trying to add to the account  you want to keep needs to have a $0 balance at the time. They will close your old account up. They can't transfer your rewards but they can move your CL.

My Amazon account had a $0 balance with a $1,500 limit.

My Freedom account had a $1,900 balance with a $3,000 limit.

I just called the number on the back of my Freedom card and they were able to pull up both accounts and process the request which took effect immediately. I had recently opened the accounts this month and they had no problem approving the request. So now I just have the Freedom at $4,500 CLSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.