Did you mean: 

Chase CRA Pull question...

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CRA Pull question...

@Revelate wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Chase always pulls EQ for me, they did infact this morning for a new Ink Plus card. (California)

It's YMMV as a national lender: they pulled EX for me for both Freedom last year and Ink Cash this year as a Cali resident.

Actually everyone wants my EX report, I have to go out of my way to get a Equifax or Transunion pull.

As a fellow California resident I have noticed the same thing.

Message 11 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I've noticed that Chase likes to only pull Experian. It's the go-to credit report for most lenders. But yea, I would be concerned giving credit to someone who only has one CR available for viewing. That's why we have 3 to allow lenders to check the overall health of your credit. As said before, each report reflects something different.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@maiden_girl wrote:

I've noticed that Chase likes to only pull Experian. It's the go-to credit report for most lenders. But yea, I would be concerned giving credit to someone who only has one CR available for viewing. That's why we have 3 to allow lenders to check the overall health of your credit. As said before, each report reflects something different.

Well, this was more historically relevant than it is now; Experian these days is probably the largest of the bureaus, certainly they were probably the most aggressive after the old regionalization barriers fell.

Originally the bureaus were setup along regional lines and a lot of the smaller lenders (furniture store financing and similar) would only report to a local bureau: the theory being that the local bureau (to where you lived) would have the most complete, accurate, and therefore best information regarding you.

Nowadays with most places reporting to all three, a lot of the smaller in-store financing deals going to the wayside in favor of large underwriters vis a vis GE Capital, and the bureaus being in direct competition with each other after modern electronic communication made most of the old alignments irrelevant, it's a lot more murky and if you happen to live in a region that has been historically dominated like Cali with Experian, that's generally what you're going to get from the national lenders.

For the single pullers or ones that primarily pull a single report, it's usually on volume discount, or whether their customer base tends to live in a given location (like USAA, lot of military on the East coast), or just plain historical reasons.

        
Message 13 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tcbofade wrote:

Chase is either or for us.

They pull EQ when I apply, but pull EX when DW applies...and I'm pretty sure that we have the same zip code...  Smiley Tongue

That you know of! Smiley Wink.

Actually this sounds like smart practice to me especially given a lot of married folks have comingled finances: odds are that a lender will get better resolution statistically with a married couple if you pull different reports than the same ones.  I've theorized previously you're more likely to get a different bureau pulled if you already have a relationship with a lender (Amex and Chase both AR my EX report as an example) but for whatever reason neither of them pulls anything else for me... but I also didn't start using credit till I was established in Cali so that likely makes sense.

        
Message 14 of 17
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

Not really an answer, but I just apped for the Freedom card and here is what Chase did:

4/28/14 Pulled both TU and EX

5/214 Pulled TU again

I live in CA, and I received an instant approval online. Not sure what the second pull was all about on TU, once my card arrives i'll doubel check TU and if it's not some weird glitch then I'll call Chase and ask them to remove it.

Message 15 of 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Chase pulled EX and TU for my Freedom card and a week later pulled EQ for my CSP.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase started double-pulling sometime fairly recently; wasn't the case a year ago, apparently has changed: hopefully someone who paid more attention than I over the last six months can chime in when Chase started this practice.

I did note after pulling my reports today (my albatross fell off of Transunion, yay!) that Chase has been done 3 SP's of TU since 10/2013; not certain if this was tied to my playing with the pre-approval tool or if it's part of account review; I'm tempted to think it's the pre-approval check rather than a specific review as I know I've hit it at least twice for giggles.

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.