cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP Selected for you email, Ad or pre-approved?

tag
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CSP Selected for you email, Ad or pre-approved?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Go into a branch and see if you have any offers.

Thanks!

I will try that.

Do I ask for pre-approval or pre-qualification in branch?

When you sit with a banker tell them you want to see if you have any pre-approvals.

ABCD2199...I kind of wish that I liked coffee so I could research your findings further Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Check the prequal site, if the card has a APR (not a range), it is very reliable.

The Chase prequal site says I have no offers available currently.

So the email I got with a green checkmark was just a marketing advertisement? Pretty sneaky I would say.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Check the prequal site, if the card has a APR (not a range), it is very reliable.

So the email I got with a green checkmark was just a marketing advertisement? Pretty sneaky I would say.

It doesn't mean you won't get approved though.  Unless your score is on the boarder line or fall into one of the issuer's hard rules like Chase's 5/24, I think people put too much stock in pre-approvals.  I have applied and were approved for 9 cards (9 out of 9) since April and only Discover was a pre-approval, I checked most pre-approval sites before applying and like you, no offers.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't mean you won't get approved though.  Unless your score is on the boarder line or fall into one of the issuer's hard rules like Chase's 5/24, I think people put too much stock in pre-approvals.  I have applied and were approved for 9 cards (9 out of 9) since April and only Discover was a pre-approval, I checked most pre-approval sites before applying and like you, no offers.

The reason I am skeptical is that I am fairly new to credit (less than 6 months), with a credit history that short, getting pre-qualified for CSP is quite unusual.

Anyway, I'll check in branch before applying since I would like to avoid unnecessary hard inquiries.

Message 14 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received an email from Chase inviting me to apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred today.

There is a "Selected for you" text with a green checkmark in the email.

View the Screenshot

However, when I logged into my Chase online account, there was nothing in my Offers tab.

I have clicked on the Pricing & Terms link, and the provided APR is a range instead of a specific number.

Is this just an advertisement or it is actually a pre-approved / pre-qualified offer?

Thanks!

Have you checked the Chase pre-qual site?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-qual site and selected offers for you are different sites that show different results.

Selected offers in your account are typically more solid than the pre-qual site. When you click on "Offer Details" in the email, is the APR a range or is it fixed?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pre-qual site and selected offers for you are different sites that show different results.

Selected offers in your account are typically more solid than the pre-qual site. When you click on "Offer Details" in the email, is the APR a range or is it fixed?

Unfortunately, the provided APR info is a range.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.