Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP and frozen reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSP and frozen reports

Hello all I am going to be applying for the Chase CSP in the next few days I would like to know which CRA I should unfreeze I have a pre-approval on the chase website and would like to try for only one Hard Inquiry live in New York ....Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CSP and frozen reports

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all I am going to be applying for the Chase CSP in the next few days I would like to know which CRA I should unfreeze I have a pre-approval on the chase website and would like to try for only one Hard Inquiry live in New York ....Thanks

All of them if you want a best chance without reconning as you don't know which one or which ones they might choose to pull.  Typically the site goes off TU w/regards to pre-qual, but they might want something else and is it worth a recon call?  All depends on your profile and what you feel comfy with.  Basically is saving an extra HP worth a possible decline?

Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All of them if you want a best chance without reconning as you don't know which one or which ones they might choose to pull.  Typically the site goes off TU w/regards to pre-qual, but they might want something else and is it worth a recon call?  All depends on your profile and what you feel comfy with.  Basically is saving an extra HP worth a possible decline?

+1 CC

Not to mention Chase loves to double pull....they're nosey for sure 

Good luck OP and let us know your results 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
Creditfan1234
Contributor

When I opened my CSP they pulled all 3. Just and FYI.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what i was trying to avoid Smiley Indifferent lol

Message 5 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

I was approved Slate and Freedom from pre-qual on site with a TU pull. That is usually who they pull from pre-qual. Other bureaus were frozen. When I have cold apped anything they try EQ. Weird.

Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I was approved Slate and Freedom from pre-qual on site with a TU pull. That is usually who they pull from pre-qual. Other bureaus were frozen. When I have cold apped anything they try EQ. Weird.

Really weird for sure but that's Chase 

On my Ink EX EQ

I cold app'ed two cards same time 

CSP EX EQ 

Hyatt TU

Go figure the logic there ...I can't for sure 

And it's not like I have a thin file or red flags 

Both approved but dammmm give my CR's a break Chase I might want 2 Citibanks too Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in NY and they double-pulled EX and EQ for me.

Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

CSP/Freedom - TU Pulls

Everything else Chaes EQ Pulls.

I believe it is somewhat geographic, but what the heck do I know!  I just know the Pre-Qual uses TU, but whether that is what they pull or other CRA or not I do not know.

I had my EQ/EXP on lockdown when I accepted the CSP/Freedom.   So only a TU pull..  This was before Chase got ALOT MORE STRICT with their CSP/Freedom cards aka 24x5 rule.  As you really just want to avoid talking with UW these days if at all possible and that is why I suggest having everything thawed as they aren't the most pleasant people to talk to anymore.  They did a 180 from last year at this time as they would approve basically anyone that could tell them a good story, now they look for a reason to deny a person.

Message 9 of 11
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Here in MN as a data point:

Freedom - EX & TU
Csp - EX
Slate - EX
Slate CLI - EX
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.