Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP?

tag
PSouz
Contributor

Re: Chase CSP?

Thanks though, maybe once I spend more money in general and especially on traveling I'll get it

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 11 of 31
HiLine
Blogger

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
this exact question was asked less than a week ago. the answers given in that thread were comprehensive. you might try a quick search for that thread.

This question has been asked just about every week... Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
this exact question was asked less than a week ago. the answers given in that thread were comprehensive. you might try a quick search for that thread.

This question has been asked just about every week... Smiley Surprised

Easy answer and pretty standard by now.  It's a great card if you value UR transfers (to UA and Hyatt), need no forex fee and spend tons on travel/dining.  

First year fee wavied (just downgrade to no fee Sapphire without hassle when fee is due next year), 40K points and a metal card.  Aside from being certain of a decline, is there any reason not to like it?

PS - 5% no fee rotating cards are limited to $300 annual cashback.  This is right off the bat with $400 and annual fee waived.  Who cares about the fee moving forward? Is it really that much pain to close or downgrade card?  You *NEVER* actually pay the fee.  Isn't this just simple "black and white" cost/benefit analysis? There's nothing complex, no obfuscation and nothing even remotely abstract.

Message 13 of 31
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Since the promo has been going on a while, I would guess that enough people do end up keeping the card and paying the annual fee, to offset the $400 churns!

Message 14 of 31
distantarray
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
You also get 7% back as a "dividend".
Additionally, UR points from Chase can be used to get a 20% discount on flight/travel...
2x points on dining too.

The regular Chase Sapphire seems to be a great card too, just not as many perks!

You out of all people if your only getting 20% more for your points I want to smack you with a stick.... I'm getting 4.3 cents per point with my usage.

Chase UR points are the most valuable points, and can easily be worth 2-3 cents per point minimum. With that being said it's also metal and 0% foreign transaction fee 7% dividend and double points for travel even bus, tax, toll fares.

Chase UR points strengths are partner transfers. 1:1 for Chase to United Airlines

65,000 miles can get you to Asia on a economy saver award. Price ranges upto $1,200 to $2,800 depending on season but points requirements are the same. I fly in peak season so I get the full redemption rates at over 4.3 cents per point

For first class saver tickets can reach upwards of $12,800 for 130k points. Almost 10 cents per point value here.

You can also find great deals with hotels as well. 30k points to book at a Ritz in Miami where the rooms were $1,000 + for Ultra music festival etc.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 31
PSouz
Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Additionally, UR points from Chase can be used to get a 20% discount on flight/travel...
2x points on dining too.

The regular Chase Sapphire seems to be a great card too, just not as many perks!

You out of all people if your only getting 20% more for your points I want to smack you with a stick.... I'm getting 4.3 cents per point with my usage.

Chase UR points are the most valuable points, and can easily be worth 2-3 cents per point minimum. With that being said it's also metal and 0% foreign transaction fee 7% dividend and double points for travel even bus, tax, toll fares.

Chase UR points strengths are partner transfers. 1:1 for Chase to United Airlines

65,000 miles can get you to Asia on a economy saver award. Price ranges upto $1,200 to $2,800 depending on season but points requirements are the same. I fly in peak season so I get the full redemption rates at over 4.3 cents per point

For first class saver tickets can reach upwards of $12,800 for 130k points. Almost 10 cents per point value here.

You can also find great deals with hotels as well. 30k points to book at a Ritz in Miami where the rooms were $1,000 + for Ultra music festival etc.

thanks! its clearly a great card for travelers 

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 16 of 31
distantarray
Established Contributor

@PSouz wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

2x points on dining too.

thanks! its clearly a great card for travelers 

not just for travelers, they have many other uses, but it's great to save up for a vacation even if you don't travel much. I mean if it's virtually free you'd travel more right? Smiley Wink There are ways to get completely free vacations =X I made several hundred thousands of points within 6 months Smiley Wink I won't have to pay for airline ticket or a hotel room anytime soon =)

Message 17 of 31
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

2x points on dining too.

That's all that matters

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 18 of 31
distantarray
Established Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

2x points on dining too.

That's all that matters

More like it's all that metals Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

It's metal heeeeellllllloooooo

So true! Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.