Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Chase CSP

I'm in the garden, have been happy there for some time.  But I must admit the Chase CSP is so tempting.  40K points if you meet the spend of $3K in 3 months.  I put twice that on my freedom a month.  It only has a $6K limit though, and have to pay multiple times.   Really thinking about this one.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSP

I know the feeling. I have the Freedom and Marriott Rewards cards and have also been thinking about the CSP.

Message 2 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CSP (5K limit) and Ritz  (7K limit)  6 weeks ago and have already met the spend on the CSP.  I love the card - looks classy - and absolutely no Chase problems yet.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

I'm in the garden, have been happy there for some time.  But I must admit the Chase CSP is so tempting.  40K points if you meet the spend of $3K in 3 months.  I put twice that on my freedom a month.  It only has a $6K limit though, and have to pay multiple times.   Really thinking about this one.

@Shogun,

It is a really good card.. With your scores, it will be a walk in the park..  Do it.. Do it...

Message 4 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Love the card.. but it isn't 3k, it is now 4k in 3 months.. Although that shouldn't be an issue for you at all, just saw you weren't aware of the 3 to 4k change that happened 4 months ago?  Or maybe their is an offer going on w/3k spend now that I am unaware of.. Go for itSmiley Happy..  Betcha get a big limit especially how much you use the freedom.

Message 5 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

Why not an Ink Plus then for 60K pts?

Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ this...I have literally had the application page filled out twice for the ink plus and can't oil the trigger...I mean 60k ur point, that would put me over 250k...could sure go somewhere nice on that
Message 7 of 47
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

I don't own a business.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

gotta own a business or some sort? I know their term of business is pretty lose or use to be pretty lose... Thought it has got a bit stricter?  Also gotta think beyond signup bonus for card that suits persons needs the most and maybe csp is better after said bonus?

Message 9 of 47
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

It's not too difficult to get if you have enough history with Chase. You might even find that they'll give you a bigger limit on CSP than what you have on your Freedom currently.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.