Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CSP

Shogun.. I anticipate either you having to call in to verify you actually applied or a mega instapproval with a very large CL. Smiley Wink Best of luck if you decide to go for it.. it was worth it for me back when.
Message 41 of 47
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

If you already have Freedom then obviously it makes since to get CSP to maximize the value of your UR points.  The cards kindof go hand in hand.

What are you doing with your UR points if you don't have CSP or an Ink product??

I'm not savvy on all the UR points thing.  I'm just racking them up right now.  Haven't turned any in.  Guess I better learn what to do with them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's next on the list for me also.  Don't have the credit score to go for it now, but soon. 

Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shogun wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

If you already have Freedom then obviously it makes since to get CSP to maximize the value of your UR points.  The cards kindof go hand in hand.

What are you doing with your UR points if you don't have CSP or an Ink product??

I'm not savvy on all the UR points thing.  I'm just racking them up right now.  Haven't turned any in.  Guess I better learn what to do with them.

You could make mongs mad and redeem them for cash at 1:1

Message 44 of 47
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I'm honestly not getting the best redemption value available, but I do get the best value for ME.  I transfer to CSP and then to Marriott.  So basically I earn Marriott points at 5% in rotating categories.  The tricky part with transferring to Marriott is that you CAN actually come out at LESS than $.01 per point if you're not careful.  It really all depends on when and where you book.  I should end up getting excellent value on my points when I book our trip to Washington DC next year if the price doesn't go up before I book, but other times like when I travel for work I have a hard time even matching the cash back value.

I think the best sure fire way to hit $.02 per point is to transfer to airline partners.  Since I never fly, that's not an option for me.

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I'm honestly not getting the best redemption value available, but I do get the best value for ME.  I transfer to CSP and then to Marriott.  So basically I earn Marriott points at 5% in rotating categories.  The tricky part with transferring to Marriott is that you CAN actually come out at LESS than $.01 per point if you're not careful.  It really all depends on when and where you book.  I should end up getting excellent value on my points when I book our trip to Washington DC next year if the price doesn't go up before I book, but other times like when I travel for work I have a hard time even matching the cash back value.

I think the best sure fire way to hit $.02 per point is to transfer to airline partners.  Since I never fly, that's not an option for me.

Yeah that is pretty bad redemption. I'd rather cash out at 1:1 than transfer to Marriott.

Well that or book Marriott on UR site for 1:1.25

Message 46 of 47
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Yeah that is pretty bad redemption. I'd rather cash out at 1:1 than transfer to Marriott.

Well that or book Marriott on UR site for 1:1.25

Your redemption value via Marriott all depends on what you're able to book.  The value you get when you book depends on time of year and location and other factors.  You can get value as high as 1:2, you just have to be careful.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.