Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSR 100k ever to return?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CSR 100k ever to return?

If you're basing whether or not to apply for a CSR on the bonus amount, then this is probably not the card you really want, and you're not the kind of customer Chase really wants.

If you really want this card then just get it now.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would highly doubt Chase would do it again, unless some other lender comes out with a way better card with way better SUB -- and even then, Chase doesn't really "need" people to know about CSR since the tens of millions they lost on the original offer paid off in everyone knowing about the CSR and lots of people wanting it.

It also helped to spread the word about 5/24 -- now a lot of people are holding off on churning or apping for other cards if they know they want a Chase card.  How long has it been since Chase announced a new top tier card?  I don't know, but for folks with high FICO scores who love SUB, I'm sure they're wondering when Chase might announce a new card with a new high SUB and they surely don't want to waste new accounts over 4/24 just on something kinda useful if Chase might just be around the corner with a future offering.

If you can use the card, the current SUB is awesome -- and if you can earn more money or travel spend now, why wait?

If you're only signing up for SUB, Chase doesn't really care much for you.

Message 12 of 19
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:
If you're basing whether or not to apply for a CSR on the bonus amount, then this is probably not the card you really want, and you're not the kind of customer Chase really wants.

Interesting logic. Why should Chase offer any bonuses on any of their cards then? After all, the only customers they would want shouldn't be influenced by such fluff anyway Smiley Indifferent.

As for the OP, I am inclined to believe 100k is unlikely; however, I wouldn't rule out some slightly higher offers than the standard 50k later on.  

Also, I don't recall the OP asking about Chase's ideal customer or whether or not they care about those who are attracted to sign up bonuses, so I think the condescension is certainly misplaced. Can't someone ask a simple question in their own thread? 

Message 13 of 19
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Sorry if I came across as condescending.

I was just trying to say that you should get it for the earning potential, transfer partners, status perks, etc. The bonus being what it is should not be a factor holding you back from getting it if it's a card you actually want.

If, however, you're just interested in bonus chasing, then there are other cards that would be a better option than a CSR.

Message 14 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Better pick up some of the best rewards if you can.  Some may not come back.

Yes, and not just sign up bonuses, also spending rewards.    Some of those that signed up early for Cash + and BCP (when they were uncapped) made a lot of money.   Reward programs that are "obviously" too good, will get nerfed.

Message 15 of 19
iced
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

This, this, this. The beauty of the CSR isn't the sign-up bonus, it's the sheer point-earning power transferrable to any of a significant number of travel partners. That and the $300 travel credit alone make this card a winner.

Message 16 of 19
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I'm not missing out entirely by waiting for a better SUB, I have the Ink Preferred which a lot of my spend goes on as I'm self employed and travel constantly. But as I've switched more and more of my spending over to Chase I've found myself using my Freedom for most personal spend too, which obviously doesn't get the best rewards rate in non-bonus categories, but I figure at least it's earning UR. The main benefit for me with the CSR would be the 3x on dining, as like I said I travel a lot for work, so that's going on my Ink Preferred and earning 3x anyway. And of course being able to get 50% value if I ever redeemed the points for air travel, something I have now lost with my Citi Prestige which I redeemed points at 1.6x on AA so that I earned EQM for the flights (I'm Exec Plat).

Of course, the main thing I've been basing whether or not to apply for the CSR was because I was over 5/24! I'm probably in a unique position in that I'm still earning most of the UR I would be, with the exception of dining, so I can afford to hang on if there's a potentially better SUB on the horizon.

I have checking accounts for 2 separate businesses with Chase with healthy turnovers, savings accounts, regular checking as well as the business and personal credit cards and I keep getting offers for Chase Private Client in the mail so they must care for me somewhat.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 17 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Honestly, if you have that much invested with Chase and they're offering CPC status you can probably bypass 5/24 with an in-branch offer and get the CSR that way. Well, depending on how badly you want it that is.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I read, Chase lost a lot of money with the 100k offer.  No reason for them to lose more by trying the same thing again.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.