Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSR/CSP Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSR/CSP Approval Odds

When I app'd for mine:  the CSR did not show up on prequal webpage for Chase, but it did show up in-branch.  Have no idea why it was different!

Message 11 of 20
Scupra
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

Have you tried the pre qual?

I have read that people that are not eligible for a Chase card will not get a HP if they app. Good luck.

What do you mean?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think u will get approved id go for the csr ur other cards will def help you get a decent limit and income util is just fine. I'd reckon 15-20k approval if I had to guess. 

Message 13 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@newhis wrote:

I have read that people that are not eligible for a Chase card will not get a HP if they app. Good luck.

What do you mean?

I've read a few post from people that say they are blacklisted, they burned Chase in the past.

They try to get back with Chase, app for a card, get a denial letter saying something about the past with Chase and they don't get a HP for the app.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think one person did get the HP but the letter basically said he wasn't eligible, called them and was able to remove the HP.

Message 14 of 20
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think u will get approved id go for the csr ur other cards will def help you get a decent limit and income util is just fine. I'd reckon 15-20k approval if I had to guess. 

WOW!  Thanks!  I would love that SL!  IF I do app, I will certainly report back...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 15 of 20
Involver
Valued Contributor

@newhis wrote:

Sorry, I forget to ask, are you under the 5/24 rule?

Chase will not approve your app if:

a) you are not eligible 

b) you opened 5 cards in the last 24 months

As I said, there are reports that you don't get HP if a)

If you are in b) you may get a branch pre-qual and get the card even if you opened 5 cards or more in the last 24 months.

I was approved at 5/24 with an online cold app, so YMMW.

Message 16 of 20
Scupra
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@newhis wrote:

What do you mean?

I've read a few post from people that say they are blacklisted, they burned Chase in the past.

They try to get back with Chase, app for a card, get a denial letter saying something about the past with Chase and they don't get a HP for the app.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think one person did get the HP but the letter basically said he wasn't eligible, called them and was able to remove the HP.

Haha, now I get it.. Sorry I was confused a tad Smiley Happy   "not eligible for a Chase card will not get a HP if they app" reads a little funny for me and don't want people apping and thinking if they arent approved there is no HP.

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 17 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Haha, now I get it.. Sorry I was confused a tad Smiley Happy   "not eligible for a Chase card will not get a HP if they app" reads a little funny for me and don't want people apping and thinking if they arent approved there is no HP.

Thank you to notice is not clear. We write different in Spanish, much like how Yoda talks, I guess many times people do not understand what I'm trying to say. Sorry for that.

Message 18 of 20
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

No reason to be sorry. We all make mistakes. If something is too unclear people usually ask for more details
Message 19 of 20
Scupra
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Thank you to notice is not clear. We write different in Spanish, much like how Yoda talks, I guess many times people do not understand what I'm trying to say. Sorry for that.

Absolutely nothing to be sorry for at all Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.