Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSR PC Options

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSR PC Options

I jumped on the 100k bonus point offer for the CSR back in November and will be taking a nice vacation in a few months. I'm looking ahead at my options and would like to get some feedback from others on my best course of action. Outside of the sign up bonus, I have no use for the CSR as I don't travel at all and can't justify the AF. My current Chase card lineup is as follows:

Sapphire (No AF, 5k)

Freedom (9k)

Freedom Unlimited (5k)

Amazon (4.5k)

Sapphire Reserve (10k)

Ideally I'm looking to PC the CSR instead of closing it all together. Based on the cards I have already, it looks like my only option would be the Slate card. I'd prefer not to do that just on the off chance that I could benefit from the 0% BT fee for new sign-ups later on. I do like the idea of the AARP card, but as far as I know I can't PC to it as it's a co-branded card. Does anyone else have any insight or suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSR PC Options

I'd recommend a second Freedom, unless of course you really wanted the BT Slate card. It's easy to cap the 5% rewards on one Freedom card and then you can work towards capping it on another! ;-)
Message 2 of 11
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I honestly wouldnt PC it I would just close it and move the limit over to the sapphire. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any downside to moving the 10k limit to another card and just closing the account? I'm in somewhat of a unique situation as I work from home and rarely eat out so my spending is kept to a minimum. I've never come close to hitting the quarterly cap for cashback on the Freedom card.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any downside to moving the 10k limit to another card and just closing the account? I'm in somewhat of a unique situation as I work from home and rarely eat out so my spending is kept to a minimum. I've never come close to hitting the quarterly cap for cashback on the Freedom card.

My experiences find I p/c'd several Chase Cards since 2005 and there has never been a downside. Chase has always been fair and treated me right!

Message 5 of 11
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

So are you planning on PC-ing before or after trip?

Don't you need a Tier 1 to utilize the points for miles? If you were PC-ing after, then disregard..

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 6 of 11
newhis
Valued Contributor

If you don't use your Chase card for more than 30 days, then you can close the card and transfer all the limit to other. If you use it, you need to close the card with $500 balance. At least this is with other cards, don't know if CSR has other limits.

If you close and move all the limit, then the card will report closed with the full limit. If you need to close it with $500 limit, that will be reported. I don't know if that makes any difference on automatic approvals or even on manual review. Just some info I like others to know.

Is easy process, just a couple of SM.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you already claim the $300 travel credit for BOTH 2016 and 2017? You get two of them; I already got both of mine.

Personally I'd hang on to the card until the AF hits. 3x on travel and dining are nice. Remember that even Uber counts as travel. There's no good reason to cancel now in my opinion
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all that replied. I'm planning on doing the PC or moving the limit and closing after I've taken the trip in May, probably towards the end of the summer, but before the AF hits. I took a short trip in December to claim the $300 travel credit for 2016 and will be using this years $300 toward the trip in May. If Chase will let me PC to another Freedom I'll go ahead and take that route. I may not use it, but more having more flexibility never hurts. If not I'll close the account and just transfer the limit to another card. I've read in a few places that Chase cards can't be PC'd until they're 12 months old. Does anyone know if that applies here?

Message 9 of 11
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I know this post must piss some people off who never was able to get one and now you want to get rid of it lol. BTW, I'd move the limit to Freedom. No need for another card.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.