cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSR & Freedom Unlimited - Complimentary Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSR & Freedom Unlimited - Complimentary Cards?

Not to be an English snob, but I believe the word you are all searching for is complementary.  The two cards would be complimentary (note the spelling difference) if they said nice things to each other, which is clearly silly in this case.  The cards are complementary if they complete a whole, or work well together, which is in this case if you have a good method of redeeming URP for more than 1¢ per point.

Chris.

Message 11 of 17
ZeroChance
New Contributor

I was approved for CSR last week. Is it too early to apply for CFU? Should I wait 30, 60, or xx days?

ZC

Message 12 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

Some people report denial if they app within 30 days. I'm not sure that is a rule.

Message 13 of 17
ZeroChance
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to be an English snob, but I believe the word you are all searching for is complementary.  The two cards would be complimentary (note the spelling difference) if they said nice things to each other, which is clearly silly in this case.  The cards are complementary if they complete a whole, or work well together, which is in this case if you have a good method of redeeming URP for more than 1¢ per point.

Chris.

That's an embarrassing mistake!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZeroChance wrote:

I was approved for CSR last week. Is it too early to apply for CFU? Should I wait 30, 60, or xx days?

ZC

The rule seems to be 2 cards per 30 days, so you are fine.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

UR points in the form of cash back is just fine. MR points from American Express when you try to redeem them as cash you take a hit. The two different Freedom cards earn points faster in respecting quarters or category spend then the Chase Sapphire on the same transaction. Select which card where it matters and gather points to use with the sapphire on a travel purchase.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are also two different ball games, amassing your war chest of points and actually redeeming them. obviously you want to maximize getting them in the first place… and then you do your diligence with your favorite Airline and hotels etc.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.