cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase? Calling me a million times. Anyone else?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase? Calling me a million times. Anyone else?

So, ever since I applied for my chase card, I have been getting calls from an 800 number that comes up on caller ID as "800 Service" 800-933-6004.  Sometimes they call twice a day.  It's getting really annoying. I answered the first time and there was no one on the line, so I hung up. I really try not to answer calls like this, as I am notorious for getting the person who rambles on and on forever trying to offer me something and I have a hard time finding the right time to cut in to say "No, thank you".  (Honestly, I'm really not so wimpy, I'm the oldest of 5 and have held my own in some nasty battles. LOL - I just try to be courteous and man they never take a breath!)

Anyway, I did a google search and found numerous people complaining of the same calls and say they are Chase. Anyone else have this problem? 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 06-26-2008 02:01 PM
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase? Calling me a million times. Anyone else?

I guess nobody else is having this happen. Strange. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been mentioned in another thread. Also you can check the Smorgasboards there is a thread in there on annoying phone numbers.
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh. Sorry. Never go into the smorgasboard, thought since it was related to a credit card this was the place to put it. I'll check in there. Thanks!
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked all over for this thread and can't seen to find it. I was sure it was in the smorgasboard forum. Soon as I find it I will send you a link.
Message 5 of 24
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Yep, both my wife and I have separate Chase accounts and I suspect we get called at least once a day on average.  They are pests.  And all the accents seem to be Indian.....h'mmm.  We have learned that if there is a pause when you pick up the phone it is almost surely some sort of telemarketer, and we just hang up.  You snooze, you lose.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Bran. I searched for it and didn't find it either.  But, if you come across it, please post it.

Watchmann...argh...that's crappy that they do that. I wonder if there is a way you can opt out of these calls with them.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I receive these Chase calls quite frequently.  Sometimes, when they ask for me, I tell them "he's not home now."  They then ask if I'm an authorized user of the Chase card, and I tell them "no."  After that, they finally inquire about a convenient call back time. 
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting that they inquire about whether you are an authorized user of the card. They must be trying to sell a product that is somehow linked to the card, maybe some credit protection or something??
Message 9 of 24
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
Interesting that they inquire about whether you are an authorized user of the card. They must be trying to sell a product that is somehow linked to the card, maybe some credit protection or something??

Most likely. I get calls from Citi all the time, and my mom gets them from BofA all the time selling credit protection, etc. Annoying, but I always try my best to be polite, too. They are just doing their jobs!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.