Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Recon?

tag
longhorn11
New Contributor

Chase Card Recon?

I sumbitted an application for the sapphire preferred card and did not get instant approval.  I called the recon line after (given I usually get instant approvals) and they said additional verification is required so they transferred me to another department to answer questions.  She said she would submit it for approval and I would know in 7-14 days.  Should I call the recon number again and ask what the hold up is?  Or should I just wait and see what their letter says (possible denial).  I checked and they pulled experian, my equifax is 740 and both reports are similar.  I have one other chase card, southwest premier, and have been using it fairly heavily and PIF.  Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Card Recon?

Decision is usually made within 1 day after credit pull. Call tomorrow and you should know the result.

Message 2 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm a firm believer of 'beating the iron while it's hot' As such, I would call the recon and see waht the hold up is. This way you can answer any question that they may have.

Message 3 of 11
longhorn11
New Contributor

UPDATE:  I called the recon number again and they tried to process the application over the phone but said it is in the verification stage and therefore they cannot speed up the process.  He commented on my southwest card and said there should be no reason that this card should not be approved.  He said I will either get the card and materials in 7-10 days or a letter requesting further information.  I am just trying to understand all of the "verification" levels with this card, this is my first experience having this type of hold up.  Hopefully it turns out to be positive.  Thanks for the replies. 

Message 4 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@longhorn11 wrote:

UPDATE:  I called the recon number again and they tried to process the application over the phone but said it is in the verification stage and therefore they cannot speed up the process.  He commented on my southwest card and said there should be no reason that this card should not be approved.  He said I will either get the card and materials in 7-10 days or a letter requesting further information.  I am just trying to understand all of the "verification" levels with this card, this is my first experience having this type of hold up.  Hopefully it turns out to be positive.  Thanks for the replies. 

I am pretty confident you will get approved for the CSP card. From looking at your score and you also having the Southwest Premier...you are in.

I know the waiting process can be daunting. 50,000pts is too hard to pass up I imagined.

What is your AAoA if you don't mind me asking?

Message 5 of 11
longhorn11
New Contributor

If rounded down it is 2 years.  I have 3 CCs that I've had for close to 4 years, a few paid off car loans, and then last year added southwest, usaa, and a car loan (01/2011).

Yes the 50k points plus southwest becoming a partner of UR was the deal maker. Smiley Very Happy  I usually do 50 R/T a year on southwest so I will shift all of my spending to this card, but leave the southwest card open to help with my tier qualifying points.  (that is if I'm approved)

Message 6 of 11
longhorn11
New Contributor

Update: Just checked the automated line...Approved!! 10k CL. Looking forward to getting this card!
Message 7 of 11
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Nice! Congrats
Message 8 of 11
jules79
Established Member

am in the same boat as you LongHorn. Hopefully my decision will be the same as yours :-)

Message 9 of 11
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

congrats i am hoping to get this card soon 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.