Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card - Removing 30 Day Late Notice on my credit report

tag
oceanbay
Established Member

Chase Card - Removing 30 Day Late Notice on my credit report

Hi All,

So I pulled my TransUnion credit report and the only item on there from my entire 20+ accounts is a one 30 day missed payment from a year ago from my Chase card.

So a little background:

During the month of the missed payment, I was moving across country (Midwest to Pacific Northwest) and honestly just forgot to pay it during all of the other things going on (trying to find an apartment, packing, setting up accounts, cancelling accounts, changing address info, etc.) and BOOM, Chase (and another CC company) hit me with a 30 day late payment.

So yes, I technically missed payment on two cards (the other being a Cap One card). Cap One, though, said "you've been a great customer, we understand the hassle of moving, etc. and will be happy to remove this now that your account balance is zero and you have shown you can pay." Great, thanks Cap One!

Now...Chase. So I call a guy around 6 months ago and initially got the same response "been a great customer, balance is now $0 would be happy to do it" BUT "I can't find where on here that remark would be stemming from, so there is literally nothing I can remove, but wait a while and that mark should disappear now that your account balance is $0 I'm sure they will reverse that one time issue while you were moving." So great, guy says the same thing more or less as Cap One, so I waited....and waited.

So as of today, I still have the one remark from Chase and when I call and ask all I get that is "we have a obligation to provide credit agencies your true history."

Which, I understand mostly, but I am super annoyed that the previous guy promised they could do this, but now they refuse. I have called a couple of times since and just wrote an email to them today explaining the situation.

TLDR: Has anyone been told "no" from Chase about removing a credit report 30 day late mark, but was then successfully able to have it removed?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Card - Removing 30 Day Late Notice on my credit report

Try calling one of the backdoor numbers and explain what happened and what you were promised. Good Luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
oceanbay
Established Member

Hey Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at the Chase items on there and I'm not sure what would be the appropriate person for this. There is either the credit analyst number or "chase credit department number" (not really sure what that means either).

Message 3 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Try calling one of the backdoor numbers and explain what happened and what you were promised. Good Luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Sometimes it's a matter of getting to someone who is willing to help.  It may take a few tries.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I suggest executive office during regular business hours tomorrow. 

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 5 of 9
oceanbay
Established Member

Wow, really? That sounds extreme, but maybe not. Should I ask for a certain department that would be in charge of this?

Message 6 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I don't have a Chase card, they should be able to direct you when you call. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 9
HiFromSeattle
New Contributor

I

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the` same thing happen. Turns out they waived an internal late fee but still reported me as late because they did not get a payment for 2 statments. Now I have to wait  7 years for the late to fall off. They don't make courtesy adjustments I talked to several people and got the same answer.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.