Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Services (Argh)

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Chase Card Services (Argh)

This in follow up to my previous thread about grouping recent Chase inquiries together; I have yet another set of inquiries from Chase (double pulled) on TU and EX, because of a credit limit increase request that was put through an online message for my Slate card. I sent Chase an online message advising them that this was not authorized and I had explained to the representative that the report from two days ago should have been used. I can't imagine how much my credit has suffered due to all these Chase inquiries; I am certain that I would not get approved for ANY cards at this point due to the sheer number of inquiries.

Now I am in the process of closing the Slate card and moving the entire credit line over to the Sapphire. Jeez Chase, I really liked you guys.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Card Services (Argh)

@Drew wrote:

This in follow up to my previous thread about grouping recent Chase inquiries together; I have yet another set of inquiries from Chase (double pulled) on TU and EX, because of a credit limit increase request that was put through an online message for my Slate card. I sent Chase an online message advising them that this was not authorized and I had explained to the representative that the report from two days ago should have been used. I can't imagine how much my credit has suffered due to all these Chase inquiries; I am certain that I would not get approved for ANY cards at this point due to the sheer number of inquiries.

Now I am in the process of closing the Slate card and moving the entire credit line over to the Sapphire. Jeez Chase, I really liked you guys.

Unfortunately when you requested the CLI you gave Chase permissible purpose to pull new reports. It sucks but that is how it works.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

^^^^plus Chase is about as pull happy as NFCU!

I don't think that's a secret.
Message 3 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
^^^^plus Chase is about as pull happy as NFCU!

I don't think that's a secret.

LOL!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 18
CreditFromAbove

I feel your pain! Its terribly annoying.. I applied for the Chase Freedom last week and i received an alert on CK saying i received ahard pull... I was initially declined for the card so i did a recon.. the Analyst i spoke with said in order to recosnider my application she would like to pull a second report.. I was surpised and said "Didn't you already pull two?" She said no that they dont always pull two but if i wanted her to look over my application that she wouild like to see information on another report.. i saidno thank you and that was the end of the discussion.. 2 days later a pop up on experian stated i had a hard pull from chase which was not the same day as i applied so she DID in fact pull another report.. I was so mad! I just disputed the pull with Experian, hopefully it is removed.

Citi Dividend | Capital One Platinum | Capital One Cash Rewards | Expres Store Card | Shell Card | Orchard Bank Platinum (Now owned by Capital One) | Walmart Card | JCPenney Card | Capital One Sony Card | HSBC Platinum Rewards (Now owned by Capital One)

CreditKarma: 619 (As of 05/20/13) | CreditKarma Vantage Score: 651 (as of 05/20/13) | CreditSesame: 637 (as of 05/04/13) | Quizzle: 658 (as of 04/18/13) | TransUnion Fico: 646 (as of 05/13/13)
Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@Drew wrote:

Unfortunately when you requested the CLI you gave Chase permissible purpose to pull new reports. It sucks but that is how it works.

+1

And, as 09Lexie reiterated, it is definitely no secret.  This is how Chase (and some other lenders) work.

Message 6 of 18
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Drew wrote:

+1

And, as 09Lexie reiterated, it is definitely no secret.  This is how Chase (and some other lenders) work.

The reason I thought I could do this was because they pulled a credit report two days before that for starters. Secondly, I have read on the board that people have had some success with Chase using a recent credit report or soft pull.

Maybe I am wrong.

Message 7 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Drew wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Drew wrote:

+1

The reason I thought I could do this was because they pulled a credit report two days before that for starters. Secondly, I have read on the board that people have had some success with Chase using a recent credit report or soft pull.

Maybe I am wrong.

When people have success using the pull earlier that is usually done thogh Chase EO ot anothet backdoor method. YMMV of course.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@Drew wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Drew wrote:

+1

Maybe I am wrong.

When people have success using the pull earlier that is usually done thogh Chase EO ot anothet backdoor method. YMMV of course.

+1

Another item to keep in mind, the forum boards only represent a small fraction of reported anectodal experiences, which in some cases reflect the exception to the norm for how some lenders operate given these situations.  It serves as a guide as the results will vary by individual and are not always guaranteed.

Message 9 of 18
TM82
Regular Contributor

The expectation that credit line increases are soft pulls should not be the norm. You are seeking additional credit and should there fore expect a hard pull and if you get a soft be happy that it was just a soft. The simple fact that Amex only softs is an abnormality not the standard. Whether or not Chase pulls two reports or one is another argument. I've only experienced one on all my apps.

Your anger towards Chase in this instance is not really their fault, you requesting an increase basically gave them permission to pull your reports, even if they already did 2 days prior.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.