Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Services (Argh)

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Card Services (Argh)

@TM82 wrote:
The expectation that credit line increases are soft pulls should not be the norm. You are seeking additional credit and should there fore expect a hard pull and if you get a soft be happy that it was just a soft. The simple fact that Amex only softs is an abnormality not the standard. Whether or not Chase pulls two reports or one is another argument. I've only experienced one on all my apps.

Your anger towards Chase in this instance is not really their fault, you requesting an increase basically gave them permission to pull your reports, even if they already did 2 days prior.

+1000000

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 11 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Basically what tm82, lexie and LS said....

Whenever you seek any kind of credit, expect an inquiry. It is not due to chase's fault that you racked up all those inquires. You basically racked them up yourself on your own free will.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 18
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Well you have a very good limit with CSP and closing it while you are angry with lender is not doing yourself a favour.

Atleast use those HP's in your favor and use the card for sometime.

Close it when you those HP's are gone from your score and apply for a card with a different lender.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 13 of 18
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I was clearly just upset, but I do understand that the rest of the inquiries were based in my own initiative. The reason I was upset was because I truly would've not requested another increase, if they replied and told me they couldn't soft pull. It was the fact that they didn't confirm whether or not I still wanted to make the request.
Message 14 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

On the plus side you have nice limits from chase as it is, and that inquiries fall off over time.

Even in the scenario when lenders do a HP when you asked specifically for a SP cli, it's hard to dispute that inquiry. The logic is that whenever anyone seeks credit, the lender reserves the right to pull your report, similar to how you are within your rights to choose which lender you want to do business with. It's a 2 way street essentially.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 18
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

If you go in expecting an HP or 2 in worst case. Might not request the CLI. I've never gotten an SP when requesting a CLI. Not sure why people get surprised when they're HP'd...to quote Chris carter "C'mon Man!"

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 16 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I'd go ahead and dispute one of the inqs off your reports. While everyone here is technically correct. You are correct as well in just wanting to be an informed consumer
I successfully disputed a similarly acquired Citibank NA inquiry.
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@TM82 wrote:
The expectation that credit line increases are soft pulls should not be the norm. You are seeking additional credit and should there fore expect a hard pull and if you get a soft be happy that it was just a soft. The simple fact that Amex only softs is an abnormality not the standard. Whether or not Chase pulls two reports or one is another argument. I've only experienced one on all my apps.

Your anger towards Chase in this instance is not really their fault, you requesting an increase basically gave them permission to pull your reports, even if they already did 2 days prior.

Well said!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.