Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Services (HP)

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Chase Card Services (HP)

The total amount of HP's from Chase within the last month is 6. Is there a way to do something about this either through Chase or through the CRA so that they only show as one?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Card Services (HP)

Hey Drew!

Are they mistakes or are they authorized by you?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 18
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Hey Drew!

They were authorized of course. Basically, two of them were for a new credit card and the other four because of recon.

Message 3 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Drew wrote:

Hey Drew!

They were authorized of course. Basically, two of them were for a new credit card and the other four because of recon.

I don't think you will have any luck with this unfortunately.  You can try going through the CRA that they pulled if the pulls are on the same day and some times they will remove as duplicate but if you authorized them then more than likely, you have to live with them.  

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 18
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@Drew wrote:

Hey Drew!

I don't think you will have any luck with this unfortunately.  You can try going through the CRA that they pulled if the pulls are on the same day and some times they will remove as duplicate but if you authorized them then more than likely, you have to live with them.  

How did you manage to get your CSP line that high?

Message 5 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Drew wrote:

@Drew wrote:

Hey Drew!

Instant approval.  I don't know how they figure what lines to give.  I do have a decent FICO and income so maybe that's it.  My prior experience with Chase is with their Freedom and that sits at 11K CL.  

Message 6 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

BTW... with regards to an earlier thread.  I was mistaken I think.  One can't alway believe everything one reads on here.  I stated that CS can be approved for less than 5K.  I don't think that is true anymore.  I've seen others with approvals below 5K on here but doing a little research into it... seems that all recent (being with in the last year) are 5K or above.  Smiley Happy  Sorry for that mis-info.

Message 7 of 18
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@Drew wrote:

@Drew wrote:

Hey Drew!

Instant approval.  I don't know how they figure what lines to give.  I do have a decent FICO and income so maybe that's it.  My prior experience with Chase is with their Freedom and that sits at 11K CL.  

Wow, wish I saw an instant approval like that. I really like Chase, but wish they didn't have to initiate a HP everytime.

Message 8 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This can be the price of recon!  You often see on this forum "Nothing to lose", or "You've already taken the HP" so you may as well recon, but for some issuers any recon will cost more HP...

Message 9 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker is correct. Chase is almost as HP happy as NFCU - it is the price you pay to try and change their mind.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.