Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card Services (HP)

tag
flyingace
Valued Member

Re: Chase Card Services (HP)

Does Chase ever SP? I apped for their Freedom, and Amazon Visa pretty close to each other, and I got letter for the Freedom (w/ the card) yesterday and it had the exact same score, and exact same reasons it gave for APR... could they have used same report? Didn't get an alert through CS for an EXP pull. 

If they use same report, this could help some people as OP above.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 11 of 18
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I requested an increase for my freedom last week from $1k to $5k ... Was approved and no hard pull...... I think 99% they'd hp but sometimes youll get lucky and get a sp

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 12 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Count on a HP for chase, until it doesn't happen to you.
From my experience the HP for cli has been very worthwhile however. Use the card a lot, manage your finances well, and then try asking for another cli
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Chase has some great products but I just can't wrap my head around giving up an HP for CLI. The Freedom card is great but I would have probably seen more growth from some other company, especially considering the HP falls off in July.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
TM82
Regular Contributor

I took a HP from BoA on TU for an increase from $4,100 to $10,000. Didn't like getting a HP, but no one really pulls TU for me and for almost 2.5 times it was worth it.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 15 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@TM82 wrote:
I took a HP from BoA on TU for an increase from $4,100 to $10,000. Didn't like getting a HP, but no one really pulls TU for me and for almost 2.5 times it was worth it.

grats!

definitely worth it.

Also to add to OP: Always expect a HP whenever you seek credit. Banks that do SP for any kind of credit decisions should be considered as the exception (or a privilege), not a right.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Drew wrote:

The total amount of HP's from Chase within the last month is 6. Is there a way to do something about this either through Chase or through the CRA so that they only show as one?

If they are valid, i.e. because of apps or CLI requests, Chase will probably tell you that it is against "the rules" to expunge legitimate inquiries. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 17 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

Chase has some great products but I just can't wrap my head around giving up an HP for CLI. The Freedom card is great but I would have probably seen more growth from some other company, especially considering the HP falls off in July.

Given that inquiries were designed in the FICO model to depict credit seeking behavior, it's the SP CLI crowd that are outliers Smiley Happy.

That said, I'm certainly not chasing limits on my own Chase card until I have one real limit much higher (*cough* Amex)

        
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.