Chase Card Services?

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Card Services?

@newUser0 wrote:

Update-

Just now puchased TU report for 11$

I have got a tons of SP. I am suprised, Chase has been doing me SP since July 2013, Oct 2013. I got my first chase card on Dec 2013.

Can they SP before being a card member? 

SPs are also done by companies (credit card, mortgages etc) to evaluate your CR and see if you meet their criteria so they can offer you a credit card and thats why you might get credit cards offers in the mail (or prescreened offers).   

Message 11 of 14
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

I see Chase did a soft pull, it says "Chase Card Services". What's this? 

I've been putting a lot of spend on my CSP and Freedom recently. Is this a good SP?

CHASE CARD SERVICES

Address: 
PO BOX 15298 
WILMINGTON DE 19850 
No phone number available
Date of Request: 
03/06/2014 

Just happened to see it when I was looking if AMEX SP'd as I'm encroaching on my 3X CLI. 

Yeah thats an AR. Chase SP when you have big changes in your CRs..(lots of inquiries, many new accs etc)  They're kind of like AMEX but i think AMEX is more obsessive when it comes to SPs (they're doing SPs everytime you add a new acc or a new inquiry) 

Message 12 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

I don't think there's much to worry over a SP. If they are going to take AA, then it's pretty much unavoidable regardless of whether you know they did a SP.

The SPs for chase and Amex seems to be done every few weeks to months, depending on your file and how long you have been a customer with that institution.

And whenever there's a new inquiry or account reporting, this usually triggers Amex and chase to do new SPs as well. WF, USBank, citi, BofA and Barclays doesn't seem to do any SPs when new account / inquiries hit. Maybe they are doing it on TU, which I wouldn't know then, since I have access to EX and EQ only.

Outside of SPs due to new accounts and inquiries reporting, Amex, Barclays, citi and chase seem to SPs me on average once every 2-3 months on average. BofA, Wells Fargo and US bank doesn't seem to even care and SP once in the past 12 months, which isn't a good thing if I'm hoping for SP CLIs. My WF account has been opened for 9 years though.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 14
newUser0
Established Contributor

I can see boA SP on my TU (4 SP in total)

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.