cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card - what do you need to get in?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Card - what do you need to get in?

I have been working on my credit for a little while now.  I started with First Premier 10/8, bought a new car 5/09- financed through Chase (620+/-) score, bought a house (661 med score) in 2/10  - thinking I was hot stuff so I applied for Chase and State Farm.  Both No.  I did get a Cap One ($750),  an Orchard ($300) and a Kohls ($400)and ditched the FP ($525).   I called Chase because I was sure I would get that since I had my car for almost a year but i was told I needed to rebuild credit a little longer. 

So now with 9-10 inquiries and a 662 EQ/658 TU score - down from 675 and 662 after the app spree (car, credit cards and 3 different mort pulls because I did a short sale and they kept repulling my credit between Oct when I was approved with the first  and second mort companies and Feb when I closed.) - I sit and wait but I'm wondering what I'll need next winter to get approved with Chase.  I don't think Orchard will go anywhere and when I'm in a better situation I would like to replace them with a major that will grow since they are my youngest and lowest.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Card - what do you need to get in?

Wait until you crack 700, you'll have a much better chance.  Chase is kind of sensitive to new accounts, so try not to open any more.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!   Nope, no more new accounts for at least a year.  And if i can't get into a no AF card (Chase) that will grow by then I won't do anything.  I'm hoping I can CLI my Cap One eventually.

Message 3 of 5
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

A CLI from capital one is pretty much the next thing to a miracle.  Smiley Happy

But congrats on your new home and new credit cards.  I also just bought a new home, mortgage is with Chase, so I am hoping eventually they will find it in their hearts to lend me a credit card.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with Chase.  I was hoping my car would drag me in under the radar but nope.. at least not as of last April.  I'll try again after the inquiries lose their power and I get a little boost.   I have a paid collection that falls off my report in April 2011.. the only one on 2 of my 3 reports.   Hopefully that will help things too.

Yeah I got 250 as part of credit steps with Cap from $500 .. woohoo.  *eyeroll*  I'll keep hoping.  I don't need it but it would be nice to know it's there.

Congrats on your home!  My mort is with Wells Fargo (now.. second lender so far)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.