Regular Contributor
moonlitnight

Chase Card - what do you need to get in?

I have been working on my credit for a little while now.  I started with First Premier 10/8, bought a new car 5/09- financed through Chase (620+/-) score, bought a house (661 med score) in 2/10  - thinking I was hot stuff so I applied for Chase and State Farm.  Both No.  I did get a Cap One ($750),  an Orchard ($300) and a Kohls ($400)and ditched the FP ($525).   I called Chase because I was sure I would get that since I had my car for almost a year but i was told I needed to rebuild credit a little longer. 

So now with 9-10 inquiries and a 662 EQ/658 TU score - down from 675 and 662 after the app spree (car, credit cards and 3 different mort pulls because I did a short sale and they kept repulling my credit between Oct when I was approved with the first  and second mort companies and Feb when I closed.) - I sit and wait but I'm wondering what I'll need next winter to get approved with Chase.  I don't think Orchard will go anywhere and when I'm in a better situation I would like to replace them with a major that will grow since they are my youngest and lowest.

Any ideas?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

Re: Chase Card - what do you need to get in?

Wait until you crack 700, you'll have a much better chance.  Chase is kind of sensitive to new accounts, so try not to open any more.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Regular Contributor
moonlitnight

Thanks!   Nope, no more new accounts for at least a year.  And if i can't get into a no AF card (Chase) that will grow by then I won't do anything.  I'm hoping I can CLI my Cap One eventually.

Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

A CLI from capital one is pretty much the next thing to a miracle.  :smileyhappy:

But congrats on your new home and new credit cards.  I also just bought a new home, mortgage is with Chase, so I am hoping eventually they will find it in their hearts to lend me a credit card.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Regular Contributor
moonlitnight

Good luck with Chase.  I was hoping my car would drag me in under the radar but nope.. at least not as of last April.  I'll try again after the inquiries lose their power and I get a little boost.   I have a paid collection that falls off my report in April 2011.. the only one on 2 of my 3 reports.   Hopefully that will help things too.

Yeah I got 250 as part of credit steps with Cap from $500 .. woohoo.  *eyeroll*  I'll keep hoping.  I don't need it but it would be nice to know it's there.

Congrats on your home!  My mort is with Wells Fargo (now.. second lender so far)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}