Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Cards

tag
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Cards

@virgo wrote:

Chase is what they call a 'judgemental lender'. This is why so many denials are overturned on re-con.  They do not only lok at the score.

I have four cards with them.  Started with the Freedom and SLate 10 months ago and 6 mos later got the Hyatt and Marriott.  They don't have a problem with multipes, but only two at a time.  It has always been one HP for a set.

Once you get in, they treat you well.  As for CLI's, totally different animal.  It is easier getting approved for the third and fourth card then getting an increase on the Freedom.

Hope this helps. 

If you carry a balance with chase (I did during my 0% apr period) they will give a CLI, at least in my experience, I went from 3K to 5K in like 12 months. But again YMMV.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 11 of 28
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

@virgo wrote:

Chase is what they call a 'judgemental lender'. This is why so many denials are overturned on re-con.  They do not only lok at the score.

I have four cards with them.  Started with the Freedom and SLate 10 months ago and 6 mos later got the Hyatt and Marriott.  They don't have a problem with multipes, but only two at a time.  It has always been one HP for a set.

Once you get in, they treat you well.  As for CLI's, totally different animal.  It is easier getting approved for the third and fourth card then getting an increase on the Freedom.

Hope this helps. 

If you carry a balance with chase (I did during my 0% apr period) they will give a CLI, at least in my experience, I went from 3K to 5K in like 12 months. But again YMMV.

I didn't even carry a balance and I went from 2.5k to 4k on my 4th statement, lol. It's all YMMV w/ auto CLI's from Chase.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 12 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Can anyone tell me, is it just me or does Chase's Freedom Card and Discover It seem like the same categories this year? Like a lot of overlaping. Is that normally the case?  Like right now for this quarter both offer Gas at 5%

I know a lot of people have both to alternate categories...but it seems like not very beneficial from what I am seeing...but maybe I am missing something???

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 13 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Can anyone tell me, is it just me or does Chase's Freedom Card and Discover It seem like the same categories this year? Like a lot of overlaping. Is that normally the case?  Like right now for this quarter both offer Gas at 5%

I know a lot of people have both to alternate categories...but it seems like not very beneficial from what I am seeing...but maybe I am missing something???

I think this is first time they have overlapped since I have had both cards I don't know though.I don't think will be able to max out this quarter 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Can anyone tell me which CRA Chase pulls from?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 15 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Can anyone tell me which CRA Chase pulls from?

Last time i appled for CSP in may, i got double pulled from TU and EX, I think when i applied for freedom i don't recall if it was an double pull or just an ex pull 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 16 of 28
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:
It seems that unlike Barclay, Chase seems to not have a problem with more than one CC product in someones name.

Just wanted to let you know that Barclays will (and does) issue more than one credit card to a person. I have both the Barclaycard Ring and the Sallie Mae card.

As far as Chase is concerned, I heard that they'll use the same pull for 30 days on this forum, but I could be wrong about that.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 17 of 28
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

When I applied for the CSP in May they pulled Ex.  Applied for Freedom four days later no pull.  It seems that they are region specific

Message 18 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:
It seems that unlike Barclay, Chase seems to not have a problem with more than one CC product in someones name.

Just wanted to let you know that Barclays will (and does) issue more than one credit card to a person. I have both the Barclaycard Ring and the Sallie Mae card.

As far as Chase is concerned, I heard that they'll use the same pull for 30 days on this forum, but I could be wrong about that.

Thank you. I know Barclay does issue more than one card. I have just ready they are less inclined to....but who knows.  In either case, I would probably apply for the Ring too if I ever decided to ap for another one of their cards. Thank you for sharing!

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 19 of 28
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

When I applied for the CSP in May they pulled Ex.  Applied for Freedom four days later no pull.  It seems that they are region specific

Thank you Mong and EZ,

I was pretty sure it was EX but I know I have read they double pull and I believe when I applied back in Dec of 2012 (declined) it was a double pull from EX and EQ but I thought that was only because they declined me.

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.