Did you mean: 

Chase Cards

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, Thanks.

The IHG might be a good fit but, doesn't Chase have a policy of 2 apps, not to mention approvals, within 30 days? I was instantly denied Mariott back in Jan/Feb.

I might be better served using Venture/V1 for hotels

Yes. And IMO IHG and Marriott are both good. I would look for the one with the best sign up bonus. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 11 of 14
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, Thanks.

The IHG might be a good fit but, doesn't Chase have a policy of 2 apps, not to mention approvals, within 30 days? I was instantly denied Mariott back in Jan/Feb.

I might be better served using Venture/V1 for hotels

I am not sure what Chase's stance is on applications for their cards within a particular timeframe. IHG is my third Chase card in 2 months, so I can provide that datapoint at least. I would only make such attempts with pristine scores and reports (no bads) for best results/not having to recon. 

As for using the Venture series for this purpose, I'll let others with the cards chime in. I'm not a fan of the Venture cards at all. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the CSP and Freedom on 5/19. Then was approved for the United Explorer on 6/6/15. I was originaly told I was denined for more than 2 Chase aprovals in 30 days.. but the card just showed up yestereday. 

So I dont know if it was an overlook on Chase part, but I was able to get 3 cards within the 30 days. 

Message 13 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the CSP and Freedom on 5/19. Then was approved for the United Explorer on 6/6/15. I was originaly told I was denined for more than 2 Chase aprovals in 30 days.. but the card just showed up yestereday. 

So I dont know if it was an overlook on Chase part, but I was able to get 3 cards within the 30 days. 

Everything with credit is individual. All we can really go by is anecdotal evidence here; none of us work for Chase.

That said, I'm sure the United Explorer being cobranded probably made the difference. Sometimes, cobrands and non-cobrands don't "count" the same way with regards to limits on approvals, etc.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.