Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Change of Terms Letter for a Closed Account

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Chase Change of Terms Letter for a Closed Account

Today, I received a letter in the mail about change of terms on a closed account.  I was wondering why I was receiving a thick envelop from Chase.  I was thinking maybe it was an offer or something. I may give them a call to confirmed the account is closed.  Or I may use the opportunity to reopen the account. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Change of Terms Letter for a Closed Account

I say re-open if you can, and if you don't like the rewards, you can product change.
Message 2 of 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Change of Terms Letter for a Closed Account

@DI wrote:

Today, I received a letter in the mail about change of terms on a closed account.  I was wondering why I was receiving a thick envelop from Chase.  I was thinking maybe it was an offer or something. I may give them a call to confirmed the account is closed.  Or I may use the opportunity to reopen the account. 

You got the general CIT letter sent out to every Chase account. It is not an invitation to reopen your account. It is only a CIT letter to bring the account into compliance with the Credit CARD Act of 2009. I got two of them - one for my open account and one for my closed account. Pretty meaningless.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.