cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Changed my Sapphire account number!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Changed my Sapphire account number!!!

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:
I logged into Chase online to pay my Chase Sapphire World MC. There was a bold letter under my account: We've transferred your account's details to your new credit card. I heard Chase is phasing out MasterCard in the last of couple of months. I thought they weren't going to do to mine.

Ron.

Curious as to why you thought yours was safe?

lol Indeed!  I started to PC mine to MC when I first got it, but wasn't able to since I dropped it less than 5k. I know blasphemy for the CSP, but it fit my needs at the time. Smiley Happy

I'm surprised you haven't received your new card yet, Ron.

I didn't get any notice about changing my account from MC to Visa. They just changed it today. I didn't see it two days ago. I might get a new card in the mail next week. Chase usually sent me a notice telling about the changes. Not this time.

Ron.

Ron, My BMO Harris bank Visa Siggy card is changing over to a world MasterCard , I was sent a letter 2 months ago of this change

sandman,

Chase announced they ended contract with MasterCard last year.  I am surprise they took that long to change my account . I am not surprise they changed to MC. My Diners Club is also MC.

Ron.

Message 11 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

This topic is interesting because I had my freedom PC to MasterCard when I first got it.haven't heard about it changing over to visa. If it foes get switched over I won't have an mc other than debit cards.I guess if they switch over I may have to think about applying for Sallie Mae card earlier 

I thought I was safe. It might get to you soon. There are many choices of MC. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 12 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

This topic is interesting because I had my freedom PC to MasterCard when I first got it.haven't heard about it changing over to visa. If it foes get switched over I won't have an mc other than debit cards.I guess if they switch over I may have to think about applying for Sallie Mae card earlier 

I thought I was safe. It might get to you soon. There are many choices of MC. Smiley Happy

Ron.

I logged on just now just to make sure nothing has changed with my freedom, its still an MC as of right now, just used it the other day to fill up gas for the 5% lol. The only cards that i see are MC that i would get would be an barclays card or maybe the Citi AA card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron1 & mongstradamus - just got off the telephone with Chase. Since I had my Chase Freedom Visa Card (Chase Freedom MC replacement) converted to a Visa Signature my Non-Signature version scheduled for August 15th with EMV Chip was cancelled. The current system does not allow CRs to request Chase Freedom Visa products with EMV Chips. They anticipate that will come but the conversion is to be finished first which could be October 2014. As to what to do for a master card? I acquired a Barclays Sallie Mae WMC with $10K CL. Happy with the card and sad to see so few regular master card products as competition between networks is good for all of us.
Message 14 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ron1 & mongstradamus - just got off the telephone with Chase. Since I had my Chase Freedom Visa Card (Chase Freedom MC replacement) converted to a Visa Signature my Non-Signature version scheduled for August 15th with EMV Chip was cancelled. The current system does not allow CRs to request Chase Freedom Visa products with EMV Chips. They anticipate that will come but the conversion is to be finished first which could be October 2014. As to what to do for a master card? I acquired a Barclays Sallie Mae WMC with $10K CL. Happy with the card and sad to see so few regular master card products as competition between networks is good for all of us.

Well that fits into my plans since i am probably going to apply for Sallie Mae in October. Was holding off for right now since i have 5% gas on both discover and freedom , so sallie mae wouldn't be used pretty much at all. I also have to decide what i am going to do if i want to PC my BCP to just an bce or maybe blue cash. It doesn't look like PC to everyday card is going to be allowed anytime soon. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info. It is nice to have Chase Freedom EMV card. I will not use the card outside of the country. The card charge foreign fee when it is used out of country. I will be using HSBC EMV MC or Penfed EMV CC.

https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/PA_1_083Q9FJ08A002FBP5S00000000/content/new_usshared/unique_fragments/HSBC%20Home/Personal/Cards/2014_Security_Chip_and_PayPass_Digital_Brochure.pdf

Message 16 of 18
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ron1 - I did not receive a notice about my Chase Freedom MasterCard changeover. They claimed a letter was sent out in June and the USPS lost it (not likely good cover however). Found the switch when I logged in and the word "NEW" was after the account number. Called and told the actual plastic would be in my hands by August 15th. They did a backroom search and informed me it would come with an EMV Chip. Suspect the Chase Freedom MC Card conversions are the target group for the new Chase Freedom Visa EMV Chips. Contacted Chase and obtained a product conversion to the Chase Freedom Visa Signature which came without an EMV Chip.

I agree. Post office might have lost the notice. I haven't seen my Chase Freedom MC changed into Visa yet.  They waited until next cycle like Chase Sapphire. I don't think Chase Sapphire Visa Signature comes with EMV.

Ron.

Ron, The CSP comes with EMV. but it comes with a $95.00 annual fee, where's the sapphire does not

Message 17 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

sandman2435 wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Wanderer wrote:
Ron1 - I did not receive a notice about my Chase Freedom MasterCard changeover. They claimed a letter was sent out in June and the USPS lost it (not likely good cover however). Found the switch when I logged in and the word "NEW" was after the account number. Called and told the actual plastic would be in my hands by August 15th. They did a backroom search and informed me it would come with an EMV Chip. Suspect the Chase Freedom MC Card conversions are the target group for the new Chase Freedom Visa EMV Chips. Contacted Chase and obtained a product conversion to the Chase Freedom Visa Signature which came without an EMV Chip.

I agree. Post office might have lost the notice. I haven't seen my Chase Freedom MC changed into Visa yet.  They waited until next cycle like Chase Sapphire. I don't think Chase Sapphire Visa Signature comes with EMV.

Ron.

Ron, The CSP comes with EMV. but it comes with a $95.00 annual fee, where's the sapphire does not

sandman, 

Yes, I know. They offered me to upgrade into CSP. I didn't want it.

Ron.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.