Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Changes Min Payment Due

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Chase Changes Min Payment Due

Received notification that has of March 15th 2011 the Min payment due will be the larger of $25, or the amount owed if less, or 1% of the new balance plus interest and fees billed on the statement. Any amounts that are past due or over the credit line will be added to the min payment due. Currently I am at 2% of the new balance
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Changes Min Payment Due

@plasticguy wrote:
Received notification that has of March 15th 2011 the Min payment due will be the larger of $25, or the amount owed if less, or 1% of the new balance plus interest and fees billed on the statement. Any amounts that are past due or over the credit line will be added to the min payment due. Currently I am at 2% of the new balance

Interesting, I checked my latest statement from Chase and they made the same change to my account as well.  I hadn't noticed this because I always pay the balance in full so I don't even look at the minimum payment.  Also my statement has a new box calculating how long it would take to pay off my balance making only the minimum payment, and what that would cost in finance charges.  I suppose these changes probably were triggered, directly or indirectly, by the new laws that just took effect.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 6
creditchild
Regular Contributor

same thing happened to me today on my walmart card. my next min payment is $25.00

Message 3 of 6
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Would that seem to indicate that Chase is encouraging people to keep a balance outstanding (i.e., not PIF)?  (he asks nervously with a sizeable balance on his only Chase card Smiley Sad)

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 4 of 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

They'll make more $$ However, if you have blueprint, you will still have to pay whatever you signed up for on top of the Min dueSmiley Surprised

Message 5 of 6
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@plasticguy wrote:

Interesting, I checked my latest statement from Chase and they made the same change to my account as well.  I hadn't noticed this because I always pay the balance in full so I don't even look at the minimum payment.  Also my statement has a new box calculating how long it would take to pay off my balance making only the minimum payment, and what that would cost in finance charges.  I suppose these changes probably were triggered, directly or indirectly, by the new laws that just took effect.

i've seen that box/disclosure re how long it would take to pay off the balance (and how much that would cost) on all of my cc statements, includng my chase freedom,  for at least the last 4 months.   yes, i think it's part of the new rules/regulations.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.