Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Charge Off

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Charge Off

Chase has a long memory.  I had to recon Freedom in November 2013 and was asked about a paid charge-off from 1998 for $2000.

Message 11 of 29
n777ua
Established Contributor

Friend of mine had $13750 charged off in 1995 - he has never been able to re-establish with them.  Last try a couple of years ago, he was told if he repaid the $13750, he "may" be able to open a credit account.  He declined.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 12 of 29
bizzyballa31
New Contributor

Wow those timeframes are remarkable.  At what point does it become overkill?  15 years is a lifetime.  Its Amex just as bad? 

Message 13 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

Wow those timeframes are remarkable.  At what point does it become overkill?  15 years is a lifetime.  Its Amex just as bad? 

Pretty much. there are people whom continue to be blacklisted for more than 2 decades by citi as well.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 29
bizzyballa31
New Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

Pretty much. there are people whom continue to be blacklisted for more than 2 decades by citi as well.

Well then I shall do everything in my power to not upset Citi.

Message 15 of 29
sjt
Senior Contributor

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

I just got denied for a Chase Freedom because I had a charge off with them 8+ years ago!!  I was planning on letting this app ride if I got denied but I needed to find out how long I would be black listed with them.  After calling, they still denied me for too many inquiries.  Okay I can live with that because I do have a lot.  Judging by my denial letter and the lack of a credit score on it  they never even checked my CR and just denied me based on their internal report.  

On the bright side my Barclays Rewards card just came today.

I would call for a recon and see what they have to say. There have been plenty of people that obtained a Chase Card with a CO after they called for a recon.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 29
sjt
Senior Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

Friend of mine had $13750 charged off in 1995 - he has never been able to re-establish with them.  Last try a couple of years ago, he was told if he repaid the $13750, he "may" be able to open a credit account.  He declined.

Im suprised Chase did not sell the account to a JDB.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 29
n777ua
Established Contributor

Correction - BK7; not charge off.

@sjt wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

Im suprised Chase did not sell the account to a JDB.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 18 of 29
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I have a Chase CO on my credit report from 2010 and was approved today for $4,000 on the Freedom Card.  

The account started as Providian to Washington Mutal to Chase.  I got the your account is under review message called the backdoor number and got approved.  My Chase-CO was paid so I know that played a major roll in approving me.  

Anything possible so recon and tell them why you should have their card.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 19 of 29
H4LO
Established Contributor

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

I'm a little confused here... 

Nothing is overkill.

You took their money, used it, bought whatever you did buy and burned them. A debt is a debt, it's as simple as that.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.