Did you mean: 

Chase / Citi

tag
bizzyballa31
New Contributor

Re: Chase / Citi

@dodgerslv wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:
For what it's worth I have one CO from 2009 that I paid a few weeks ago and was approved for Citi typ, chase, discover and Amex. Had to recon citi for too many inqs but they never mentioned the CO probably because it is very old and paid. I would say that if you have no negatives since 2009 (which is the case with me) you would be good to apply definitely for Chase amazon. Citi is inq sensitive so if you have a lot of those recently (within the last 6 months) I would wait.

I will share a recent experience i had with a credit analyst from Citi. I had requested a CLI (via HP) on one of my Citi cards. I sumbitted the request and said i would get an answer in 24 hours. Well it came declined due to recent collection/judgement/wage garnish/public record or something along those lines. Well i was puzzled cuz i know i didnt have a recent deragotary. Well i called and got transfered to an analyst and he said he was glad i called because the analyst who looked at my request misread the information on my CR. Apparently he was going by the date my chargeoff was paid in full instead of the year it became delinquent. It was credit card CO from back in 2007 but it wasnt paid till 2011. Well he told me that Citi doesnt look at baddies that are 5+ years old. Sometimes 4 years depending on how severe the deragotary is. Of course, never take an analyst info to heart. He said if the chargeoff would have been from 2011, then most likely they would have had to agree with the orginal decision. He of course approved my request for what i have asked for. I remember him also saying that Citi doesnt factor their own INQ into the total of what the person has and they usually look at the last 6 months. Of course take this into a grain of salt but just passing along some info

This supports my experience with Citi.  I have 1 paid collection and 1 unpaid collection from 2009 and that did not seem to stop them from offering me a card with a 3500 limit.  Granted the Op is interested in the TYP which I imagine has more stringent requirements than my diamond preffered.

Message 11 of 14
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:
For what it's worth I have one CO from 2009 that I paid a few weeks ago and was approved for Citi typ, chase, discover and Amex. Had to recon citi for too many inqs but they never mentioned the CO probably because it is very old and paid. I would say that if you have no negatives since 2009 (which is the case with me) you would be good to apply definitely for Chase amazon. Citi is inq sensitive so if you have a lot of those recently (within the last 6 months) I would wait.

I will share a recent experience i had with a credit analyst from Citi. I had requested a CLI (via HP) on one of my Citi cards. I sumbitted the request and said i would get an answer in 24 hours. Well it came declined due to recent collection/judgement/wage garnish/public record or something along those lines. Well i was puzzled cuz i know i didnt have a recent deragotary. Well i called and got transfered to an analyst and he said he was glad i called because the analyst who looked at my request misread the information on my CR. Apparently he was going by the date my chargeoff was paid in full instead of the year it became delinquent. It was credit card CO from back in 2007 but it wasnt paid till 2011. Well he told me that Citi doesnt look at baddies that are 5+ years old. Sometimes 4 years depending on how severe the deragotary is. Of course, never take an analyst info to heart. He said if the chargeoff would have been from 2011, then most likely they would have had to agree with the orginal decision. He of course approved my request for what i have asked for. I remember him also saying that Citi doesnt factor their own INQ into the total of what the person has and they usually look at the last 6 months. Of course take this into a grain of salt but just passing along some info

This supports my experience with Citi.  I have 1 paid collection and 1 unpaid collection from 2009 and that did not seem to stop them from offering me a card with a 3500 limit.  Granted the Op is interested in the TYP which I imagine has more stringent requirements than my diamond preffered.

I would imagine the underwriting criteria for Citi cards are relatively the same...no?

Message 12 of 14
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

I would imagine the underwriting criteria for Citi cards are relatively the same...no?

I would like to know, is thier an easy Citi card to get?

Message 13 of 14
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

Is that for apps or only cli? A friend applyed and was denied and he only had one CO 6.0 years old. It was unpaid, but it was $150.00.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.