cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Closed out my accounts..In till further review UPDATE!! Accounts re-opened!!!

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Chase Closed out my accounts..In till further review UPDATE!! Accounts re-opened!!!

Well last night I tried to use my CSP and to find out Chase put a hold on my Bold Ink and CSP..called and was told because I had to many new accounts that I had to put in for them to re-open..Now mind you..I have Zero Balance on all my accounts and have no debt whatsoever..and Ive ran about 25K thur my Business Ink card in the past year..I also have a per/bus checking and savings with them as well..any advice would greatly help?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Closed out my accounts..In till further review

There is not much you can do at this point but request that they are re-opened and wait until they reach a decision. Most likely they will want to investigate your credit report, employment, income, etc. If they deny you...contact the managers or the executive office. Good luck!

Message 2 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Its definately worth it to recon... I did have my chase account closed and reopened. They will likely look at all the new accounts and determine if you are using them responsibly. Best of luck!!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

How many new accounts have you opened in the last 6 months?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you have all your accounts with money with them, they need to think about things like this... it's insulting IF you really do have all the money sitting to show it's not big deal and really after a year... who cares what you do as long as the DTI doesn't go sky high... ugh big banks, they shoot themselves in the foot every day.

id visit your local bank especially if you were with a business person and try to let them sort it out... then hit prez office if not!

I miss my chase checking and credit card but i also didn't like the service i got until sitting to close the accounts to get such a simple resolution... i kind of did the shooting in the foot that day but I was just so insulted that it went so far to be sitting in front of a branch manger to offer what every one else said no so easily... like duh!

Message 5 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear. Some good advice so far, keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 14
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Just 3 new accounts..I did talk with them today and still its in process..I should know by friday.if I get turned down than I will call the Ex office if they don't re-open than I will close all my accounts with Chase and take my Business elsewhere..I have a good amount of money in my accounts and I know another bank would be glad to do business elsewhere

Message 7 of 14
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Really hope it works out for you.  They'd be nuts not to reopen those accounts - you've been a great customer.  I'm hoping something similar doesn't happen to me. I've opened six new accounts in the last 6 months  3 were with chase and three with Amex. The last two were Amex's that aren't on my CRs yet.

Message 8 of 14
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Just Checked online and accounts are re-opened..Maybe they like me after all lol

Message 9 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's good news! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.