Did you mean: 

Chase Closing my Accounts

tag
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Closing my Accounts

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

With all this talk about chase closing accounts I am wondering if its too risky to fund my amex serve via CSP card and pay off my auto loan which is thru chase? Do you think that would be cause for them to shut me down?

In my case, Chase did the right thing, and protected me from someone who illegally obtained my credit card information.

In the case of the original poster, I don't think they every told us why Chase closed the account. it could be another good job by Chase in protecting their customer. At this point, we just don't know. 

The OP didn't know.  That's what lead to the supposition and why we later told him to find out why, because there could be miss-information on his report or like you said someone else accessing OP's accounts.

Another poster advised that there was some reason and OP needed to find out what it is. I'm hoping OP does; as you mentioned, it could be for OP's own protection. 

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 77
Open123
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

With all this talk about chase closing accounts I am wondering if its too risky to fund my amex serve via CSP card and pay off my auto loan which is thru chase? Do you think that would be cause for them to shut me down?

So long as you don't pay your CSP with Serve Bill Pay, it's fine.  If you don't use the CSP to load, then paying it with Serve Bill Pay is fine.  Just don't *ever* use Serve to bill pay the CC used for loading.

hmm i never use serve to pay off credit card bills I just don't feel safe doing that. I was just going to use serve to pay electricity bill and auto loan payments that i can't regularly pay with credit card. Is that safe to do ?

This is fine.  It's fine to pay CCs with Serve bill pay, but just *not* the one you use to load.  

Message 42 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

TheManWhoCan's account wasn't really closed, just has to get the card reissued due to a security concern.  If they really closed the cards AND accounts of the OP, it's certainly not for his protection!

Message 43 of 77
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

TheManWhoCan's account wasn't really closed, just has to get the card reissued due to a security concern.  If they really closed the cards AND accounts of the OP, it's certainly not for his protection!

Right, and they certainly woudn't close 2 deposit accounts!

Message 44 of 77
Involver
Valued Contributor

It always boggles my mind that people come on internet forums asking for hypothetical advice rather than calling the company directly when one of their financial accounts is affected.

Message 45 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

So long as you don't pay your CSP with Serve Bill Pay, it's fine.  If you don't use the CSP to load, then paying it with Serve Bill Pay is fine.  Just don't *ever* use Serve to bill pay the CC used for loading.

That sounds sensible, but have there been cases of closure?  Serve load limits are so low with CC that this should really be below concern, unless they have other reasons to look at the account.

Message 46 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Involver wrote:

It always boggles my mind that people come on internet forums asking for hypothetical advice rather than calling the company directly when one of their financial accounts is affected.

In this case, I agree.   But sometimes, if you have been doing things that might not meet the approval of the issuer, asking here (or rather on flyertalk) is sensible.  There are many things that you should avoid saying to the issuer in these cases.

Message 47 of 77
Involver
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Involver wrote:

In this case, I agree.   But sometimes, if you have been doing things that might not meet the approval of the issuer, asking here (or rather on flyertalk) is sensible.  There are many things that you should avoid saying to the issuer in these cases.

Well, of course there are things you don't discuss.  But if your financial institution AAs or closes your account for any reason the first thing you should be doing is getting on the phone with them.  

IMO, of course.

Message 48 of 77
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

That sounds sensible, but have there been cases of closure?  Serve load limits are so low with CC that this should really be below concern, unless they have other reasons to look at the account.

I haven't known of any, but Serve does have some fine print stipulating that you can't bill-pay the card used for loading.  However, barring fraud/sar concerns, from a practical point of view, $1,000 pe month is such a small amount, I doubt either Serve or CCs would even care, either way.

Message 49 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Involver wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Involver wrote:

Well, of course there are things you don't discuss.  But if your financial institution AAs or closes your account for any reason the first thing you should be doing is getting on the phone with them.  

IMO, of course.

OK, then we just disagree in some cases.   If I have engaged in risky behavior, and my card is blocked, I certainly want to find out if it is happening to anyone else involved in similar activites, if anyone has called and got any information, and the group consensus on the best way to handle it.   But if you have been good, I agree.

Message 50 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.